Why are mornings so bad? Why do symptoms dissipate as they day goes on?

[Th...]

Is there any way to take advantage of this? When I wake up from sleep i usually feel good for about 2 minutes and then am hit with a wave of horrible brain fog, pain, confusion, etc., that goes on strong for 5 or 8ish hours and then starts to dissipate, and by evening time into the night I feel markedly better. Would anyone have any ideas about this? I have often had the thought like, my lord, if I could live my whole life like it was 7 or 8 or 9pm this withdrawal wouldn’t be so bad. There are still symptoms but nowhere near as bad as the first 5-8 hours of my day

Mine don’t but yes cortisol lowers as day goes on and I read somewhere recently that GABA levels also naturally increase later in the day spot could be that too if it is true.

Oh yes...Good news is that the difficult hours are slowly getting shorter, the symptoms less severe. I can obsess about the why and how of these bizarre withdrawal symptoms but at the end of the day (I do mean that literally) there just isn't enough research and data to confirm the theories that circle the internet. I do subscribe to updates from legitimate sources but in being honest with myself, other than providing a safe distraction, the searching for the why and how could be better spent on gentle self care and supporting benzo awareness. I care, sincerely. Hope big.

Is there any way to take advantage of this? When I wake up from sleep i usually feel good for about 2 minutes and then am hit with a wave of horrible brain fog, pain, confusion, etc., that goes on strong for 5 or 8ish hours and then starts to dissipate, and by evening time into the night I feel markedly better. Would anyone have any ideas about this? I have often had the thought like, my lord, if I could live my whole life like it was 7 or 8 or 9pm this withdrawal wouldn’t be so bad. There are still symptoms but nowhere near as bad as the first 5-8 hours of my day

I'm totally the same! I wake up feeling ok and then I'm hit with the same symptoms. 

I'm totally the same! I wake up feeling ok and then I'm hit with the same symptoms.

Exactly the same for me to

We could figure out why mornings tend to be worse, but that wont prevent it from happening! Over 7 years here, it is obvious to me that mornings are a problem. You get up, you sort of feel okay and then....BAM! Wd symptoms hit you like a brick thrown at your head.

Matt, I like your humor. That is a really good way to de-fuse the scary stuff. If we can manage to poke some fun into our misery, it actually IS a healing thing. Thank you for that.

For me, I slowly began to see the humor in my becoming OCD about cleaning. NOW, I outright laugh at this! Picture me back then, using a walker, weighing maybe 8t5 lbs soaking wet and still in major benzo wd. I began trying to clean my house as a distraction,, plus I was also quite OCD about cleanliness then. I think I used a broom to sweep up all the cat fur, and maybe used a small stick vacuum, as that is all I had back then. Laughable now! Before benzo wd IU didn't give a rat's a___ for cleaning. But during withdrawal it became an obsession. I figure I must have felt I was "cleaning up my life."

And you know what? I DID clean up my life. I got off benzos the worst possible way, and suffered through a truly bad withdrawal that lasted far longer than I ever thought it would. But I healed! I healed!

God help me, I did heal.

And so will you guys.

east

• 1 month later...
Yes me too morning give me symptom like colon spasm and pain along with anxiety and fear but when evening it all goes away 90% to 100% free symptom no pain no fear just normal old self.

Same for me. Has anyone found a solution or something to help with this? What about ashwaganda or other adaptogenic herbs for cortisol regulation? I’ll admit that I don’t have much hope for anything like that actually working...

[fa...]
I had a pretty rough morning this morning and I want to know how to get through it without calling 911, looking for hospitals, doctor, it literally took until 12:30 to calm down.  I don't know if it was a wave, a new symptom, but I was scared.  Any ideas?  Please 💜✌️👍

• 4 weeks later...