Temazepam taper

[mo...]

Hi to all on Temazepam tapering,

I am new member to group,and have been on Temazepam 30mgs for 26yrs,tried about 2yrs ago to do Ashton plan method co Drs help to get off this medication,took 4 months ,but oh the side affects were really bad,so Dr let me go back onto Temazy again (reluctanly),

I asked for temazepam yrs ago c/o bad marriage ,menopause causing sleep and worry problems ,then it became where they have been used on my part for pins and needles c/o feet and legs ,but now know after reading all side affects on body, I have for years been having withdrawals ,but today decided must try again to get off these tabs after just coming across you tube videos on how to taper even more slowly than I did with Ashton Plan.So just a few questions I would like to ask  members:-

1) Could I dissolve these x 3 -10mg tabs in 300mls of milk

2)Would  taking 0.5 ml off every 2 weeks be slow enough or even a lower dose,even 0.2 . or 0.3mls

3)Could I split this medication to take at 5 hrly intervals throughout the day-instead as I do now and in the past, 'all at night',then have been suffering with terrible pains all day long .

Hope someone may have some suggestions to help me get off this nightmare and daily grind of pain in which I cant wait for night to come to knock myself out with tabs    :'(

Hello,

I just want to clarify something with you: do you take the temazepam only at night?

If you are feeling pretty bad during the day I would think that dosing more than once a day would be helpful.

Why don't you take a look at the Titration:FAQ's for more information about possible tapering liquids.

our FAQs

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hello pianogirl,

I take 30mg tabs at night, 1st tab at 6pm this due to pains been so excruciating during day ,2nd tab at 10.30-11pm ,then next at 1am and get into bed and go to sleep.

Last 2 days been splitting doses  x 4 times per day and withdraw 0.5 mls (in milk 300mls)thought I would do this for x 2 weeks the 2nd week take another 0.5 mls of = 1mg per month ,though that would take me into yr 2022,this is the most awful drug I ever known,and I never feel as though I will ever be well or pain free again.

Watched Symposium Sept 2019 USA today on you tube and finally came to  the realization that I have a 100 plus symptoms and my Drs are are so mystified  by  all these weird and wonderful ailments I have ,including heart attack 2003.

I don't know whether to get it all over with quicker and take off 5mgs per month ,and just put up with all these awful pains etc ! It cant be any worse than I'm feeling now.

Sorry to go on,but its really hit home today what damaged I have continued to do to myself.

Hello pianogirl,

I take 30mg tabs at night, 1st tab at 6pm this due to pains been so excruciating during day ,2nd tab at 10.30-11pm ,then next at 1am and get into bed and go to sleep.

Last 2 days been splitting doses  x 4 times per day and withdraw 0.5 mls (in milk 300mls)thought I would do this for x 2 weeks the 2nd week take another 0.5 mls of = 1mg per month ,though that would take me into yr 2022,this is the most awful drug I ever known,and I never feel as though I will ever be well or pain free again.

Watched Symposium Sept 2019 USA today on you tube and finally came to  the realization that I have a 100 plus symptoms and my Drs are are so mystified  by  all these weird and wonderful ailments I have ,including heart attack 2003.

I don't know whether to get it all over with quicker and take off 5mgs per month ,and just put up with all these awful pains etc ! It cant be any worse than I'm feeling now.

Sorry to go on,but its really hit home today what damaged I have continued to do to myself.

Try to remember that you are not responsible, nor are you guilty for taking this medication as prescribed by your doctor.

You've been splitting your doses only for 2 days, it may take a while for you body to adjust to this change.  Do you feel any better spreading the doses through the day and night?

If it were me I'd wait and stabilize before reducing, since you've made a change to your dosing schedule. 

You may be able to taper faster, it'll be important to see how you feel with each reduction.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hi painogirl,

Thank you for keeping in-touch ,last night,think panic set in about how the heck I am going to get off these tabs,had a terrible day with pains after 2 days of even just tapering 0.5 mls per day over 4 doses ,though saying that I have had pains every day for years now,so I cheated last night and took all 3 tabs as routine as explained in last post,went to bed at 12-30am and slept until 8-30,I sat last night after reading your post and made out a routine of just taking them at night as per normal routine:- so  tonight will take a 1mg off x 1 10mg tab at 6pm,then take 1 tab at 10-11pm,then last tab at 12.30-1am,then every 3 days will extract another mg off at same 6pm dose ,I thought if I keep doing that every 3 days and see how I go ,and that if I feel even more awful than I feel now I will hold for 2 weeks if I have to ,then start routine again of 1 mg every 3 days.Which on calendar takes me into March next year.

Don't think tapering during day was good for me ,so hence the cheating last pm,this is awful,but know that I have made up my mind I must continue to get off them now ,and especially the knowledge I have learnt from listening and reading about others of what this drug can do to my body or anyone else's .I went to a some meetings near where I live for drug addicts 2 years ago and I was completely mystified  as to what they were sharing ,talking about wanting more and more drugs,they didn't understand me either as I kept saying I didn't want more I just wanted to get off 30mgs,think they thought I was daft or something-ah ah, now I understand I was talking to the wrong people I was actually feeling so guilty  calling myself a drug addict,finding BenzoBuddies has made me understand that I am not a drug addict but 'dependant on them' ,that has been a wow moment this last 3 days (thank god I found this site).

I will let you know how I go on with each taper ,and I keep saying my serenity prayer each day ,especially the part of prayer 'change the things you can' .

Off for now for a little cry !.

mottie49 :'(