3 weeks off

[Ko...]

Hi everyone!

It has been 3 weeks since I took my last Diazepam.

I have been taking benzos for about 6 years.

I started with Lorazepam. I have developed a tolerance and have been taking 5 or 7.5 mg for about 2 years. I could not tapper from it.

Then some doctor swiched me to Klonazepam 4 mg. He was unwilling to prescribe me more pills, so I went to another doctor.

I introduced him to Ashton Manual and this forum. He was (and still is) very supportive, so he agreed that we do a crossover to Diazepam and tapper slowly. We started at about 50 mg. The tapper wasn't so bad. I made it to 2 mg Diazepam and because I was fed up with my doctor's appointmens, scoring pills every month etc., I decided to jump from 2 mg after 3 weeks.

So, how was it? It was not so bad. I've sweated really badly at night on my 1st week, I was on the edge of panic attack because my head felt like it was put into a pot. Simptoms that still remain are insomnia, dizzy spells when walking, jaw and teeth pain, heavy head, occasional headaches, muscle jerks and ... that's about it.

I was really afraid to kick benzos. I imagined that I would be bedridden, filled with panic, fear and pain. But it was not so bad. I still don't have energy to workout, I feel a bit sad. Overall I feel happy because I've managed to kick this drug.

I hope my healing continues well and I hope that I will get more out of life now. :)

Congratulations on getting off!

It takes energy and courage to do it and you did. 

Wishing you well as you go forward in your benzo free life. 

Thank you very much my dear Benzo Buddies!

Your words only make me stronger.

I will continue my path and I will repost how I am feeling in the future.

Thank you again. Hugs and kisses to all!  :highfive::yippee:

Fantastic and well done!  Your experience sounds like what I hope mine will be.  I may not jump so quick at the end but its so good to hear you are in the healing process...... you give me hope!

Yes, everything is getting better day by day. My skin has more tonus, I wake up more refreshed, libido has improved ...

Most of all - nobody can't call me a druggie anymore, I don't need to score pills every month, be afraid of loosing them, no need to carry them in my pocket ...

I also tried to kick Cymbalta, but it was too much for me atm. I tried to cut from 60 mg to 30 and I experienced much more pronunced symptoms as getting off diazepam.  :idiot:

Best to all and stay strong!

27 days off for me atm. :)

Even my face look better. I don't look so tired anymore, no more black dots under my eyes, no more wrinkles. Also my mind is getting quieter. In the begining my thoights were uncontrollable. I would repeat the same song 1000x in my head. Also my legs were twitching badly.

I noticed so called waves and windows. Luckily for me the windows are getting more and more live.

you are so brave Konky! I wish you speedy healing.....hang on to your success . I just jumped off a much slower taper of Ativan after 20 years and its not so bad.

Using CBD/THC oil for sleep. I am hoping/expecting that will improve over time.

fridaygirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...