Temp reg

[Mr...]

I was ct off .75 Ativan for 6 weeks use approx.  I didn’t like meds. It was aug 26th and I have had so many symptoms it’s horrible.  I can’t regulate my body temp I’m so hot all the time.  It’s so bad.  Even if I try to stand in sun the sun feels like it’s burning my skin.  I hate it so much

Yes Mrt, The part of the brain that regulates temp is not working properly.  Science doesn't know exactly why the hormones and receptors are not working in sync to regulate body temp.  Many people go through a period where they must avoid heat and humidity of their sxs increase.  this was a big deal for me.  I just planned the best I could to avoid situations where I could not protect myself from this.  I would get very dizzy..then nauseous.

Others will chime in...very common.

My "temperature sensor" was off seriously during my taper. I was hot all the time. But once my taper was over, this miserable s/x disappeared. I believe yours will, too.

I hate to say it, but just hang in there. This won't be forever.

:smitten:

Katz

I was CT or faster taper three months ago. I hate being  hot all the time it’s making me crazy. On top of so many other symptoms.    Does it seem to pass pretty fast for you

It did pass pretty fast. I jumped in the fall and that was the end of my being broiled alive by my benzo taper. It all went away after that. Thank heavens!

Katz

• 1 month later...

Hi MRT,

I too suffer from poor temp reg 24/7 and empathise. Im living in a country where we going through a heat spell at present of over 100 F, it feels like I am burning in hell, and if I go into the sun, my skin burns. I used to easily handle the sun and know I used to sweat more, but dont sweat that much either now while going through withdrawal.

Today, all I could do was lie down in front of a fan (have no aircon in the house), all my energy is sapped from me.

I've tried to find posts about this, as also really wish to know the timeline. The comments vary saying it could be hormonal or thyroid, but I have had all the blood tests to check these, but all normal.

I hope this goes away soon!