Author Topic: My cold turkey and floxed story.  (Read 24060 times)

[Buddie]

Re: My cold turkey and floxed story.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 06:21:34 pm »
Hi [...]! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I am so glad you are doing better and are happy and healthy now. I have talked to you many times in chat and want to thank you for your support. You have given hope to many others (including me) that we will heal! Thank you so much and enjoy your beautiful life : )
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 08:35:45 pm »
Ken,

Thank you very much for your story...I just hit the 2 and a half month point....and I am still pretty "young" in the withdrawal process...but I hope to follow in your footsteps....as I inch my way out of this mess...

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 05:04:02 pm »
Thank you very much !    :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »
Hi [...],

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up your post.  It is amazing!  I am so very glad that you are feeling so much better now and hope for even more improved health in your future.

I also took floxin, Avelox, and had a very bad reaction to it.  I was probably in Tolerance Benzo W/D, but didn't know it.  That was two years ago and I still have some effects from it.  But I'm much better this second year.  I am feeling very grateful.

Thanks again,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 11:23:44 pm »
Thanks [...] glad you are doing better and live life to the fullest

Hugs
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 05:21:20 am »
My husband too!

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2011, 04:40:01 pm »
[...],
I am also one of the unfortunate ones who took a fluoroquinolone antibiotic (Avelox) while on benzos (Klonopin). Like you, I was thrown into tolerance w/d immediately. I am so familiar with many of the symptoms you mentioned, especially cognition and memory problems. Congrats on ur recovery.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2011, 06:54:35 pm »
Hi [...]........I remember reading your initial story and then I posted mine....I had taken Levaquin and had a severe reaction to it and almost died...was hospitalized...severe anxiety....blood pressure was 210/180...I could not even walk...heart palps....tendon and muscle pain....numbness....felt as if I was crawling out of my skin....well  it will be 3 years March 21rst that this happenened to me and I am still not able to drive...still do not have strong enough grip...I still drop things throughout the day...my hands are very weak and almost numb all the time...the nerve endings are damaged...I was put on Xanax because of all the damage that Levaquin had caused my central nervous system...I have been off of Xanax now for a little over 16 months and am still struggling bif time with anxiety...vision problems...muscle weakness and muscle and tendon pain and burning...vertigo....stomach issues.......the sad and bad thing is that Levaquin and Xanax both mimic the same side effects in a lot of ways so who knows right now which is which and what drug is [...] me to still be so sick...I am happy for your recovery...this gives me hope...thanks for keeping in touch with everyone...take care my friend and I hope each and everyday you see even more healing :))))))

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 01:30:49 pm »
Hi [...],

I see  you edited your post and was wondering how you are doing now.  This process is so crazy.  I am not planning on posting a success story until I have no symptoms for 4 months.  I got slammed on the 11th and 18th month mark off date. 

I am another one who took xanax due to Levaquin toxicity.  :pokey:

Please know that I am wishing you the very best.

[...]  xo

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 02:08:50 pm »
So how are you doing now [...]?  Have you had any symptoms lately?Hope you are well<3