Would like to switch from dry cutting to Liquiid.

[Fi...]

Hi,

I have dry cut my way down to 0.4950 of Clonzapam.  I would like to try a LT at this point to see if it would help.  I would like to try using vodka and water.  Cannot use compounding liquids, they formulas make me sick.

Currently I dose 3 times a day, with a larger dose at night.  I've been trying to even out my daytime doses and they are not too far apart. 

0.5mg pills weigh about 200gms

My current pill weights and milligram equivalents are:

30gms pill weight.    0.075mgs

34gm pill weight.      0.085mgs

134gms pill weight.  0.335mgs

I am not good at math.

I currently have 10ml syringes. 

How much vodka should I use to dissolve my 0.5mg pill?

How much water do I add to that?

How much water to I then add the original vodka and water to?

How do I divide the solution into the 3 uneven doses?

Can I use the 10ml syringes to do my draw?

I probably will have more questions as I go along?

What percentage do you wish to reduce? Are you still planning to hold for 4 days between reductions?

pianogirl

Thank you for responding.  I was trying yo reduce 4% per month but it actually has been a little over 3% 

I have tried cut and hold, weekly tapers of .005 and then back then recently cutting 0.0025 and holding a week or 10 days. 

I'm hit with symptoms no matter what so I'm not sure what % would work. 

Do you calculate that monthly, weekly or daily?

A former member put together information about titration that you might find helpful. He also created a 'calculator' so you can self direct your taper.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationHelp.htm?help=Readme+First

Why don't you take a look at this and I'll find Jim's calculator and post it for you.

PG  :smitten:

Thank you.  It was a little overwhelming to read so I have to reread it again so that I can understand it.

I'm very sad and discouraged right now so will need to calm down a bit to get ready to get ready to make the change to liquid.

A former member put together information about titration that you might find helpful. He also created a 'calculator' so you can self direct your taper.

Why don't you take a look at this and I'll find Jim's calculator and post it for you.

Thank you.  It was a little overwhelming to read so I have to reread it again so that I can understand it.

I'm very sad and discouraged right now so will need to calm down a bit to get ready to get ready to make the change to liquid.

Don't be sad or discouraged, this process is likely the hardest thing most of us have ever done.

We have a couple of members who are using propylene glycol as the titration liquid, you might consider this.  That is what the Rx oral solution made by Roche uses. 

Don't be sad or discouraged, this process is likely the hardest thing most of us have ever done.

We have a couple of members who are using propylene glycol as the titration liquid, you might consider this.  That is what the Rx oral solution made by Roche uses. 

Thank you, it's so hard for sure.

I dont think I can use propylene glycol as I am really sensitive to any additives.  I got sick using a compounding liquid Lamictal, so I probably will so the vodka and water solution.

I really appreciate your help.  I feel close and yet so far from getting of the med. 

Maybe my expectations about what being stable need to change.  I'm semi functional but the side effects of the medication really get to me. 

I'm determined to get off but just feel stuck at this point in time. 

I dont think I can use propylene glycol as I am really sensitive to any additives.  I got sick using a compounding liquid Lamictal, so I probably will so the vodka and water solution.

I really appreciate your help.  I feel close and yet so far from getting of the med. 

Maybe my expectations about what being stable need to change.  I'm semi functional but the side effects of the medication really get to me. 

Hello again,

If you are sensitive to additives I'm not certain that alcohol would not present problems for you as well.  Are you able to tolerate milk? Some people do use whole homogenized milk as a titration liquid.

There is a member here on the forum who was successful tapering off and healing. Here is a link to her Success Story. It's very helpful and comforting to know that others have walked the path of withdrawal and recovered.

Klonopin Free After 25 Years

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=232968.msg2989358#msg2989358

If I was semi functional I'm not sure I'd want to make significant changes to my taper plan. I know you feel stuck but you are on the way to being benzo free, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.

Hello again,

If you are sensitive to additives I'm not certain that alcohol would not present problems for you as well.  Are you able to tolerate milk? Some people do use whole homogenized milk as a titration liquid.

There is a member here on the forum who was successful tapering off and healing. Here is a link to her Success Story. It's very helpful and comforting to know that others have walked the path of withdrawal and recovered.

If I was semi functional I'm not sure I'd want to make significant changes to my taper plan. I know you feel stuck but you are on the way to being benzo free, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other.

Thank you PG.  I may end up staying with what I'm doing. 

So I can frame semi functional as a doing semi well?  I struggle so much with Clonazapam depression and just want to get lower to see if that will lift.

Do you think that's possible?

Hello again,

Thank you PG.  I may end up staying with what I'm doing. 

So I can frame semi functional as a doing semi well?  I struggle so much with Clonazapam depression and just want to get lower to see if that will lift.

Do you think that's possible?

I really like your description: semi well!

I can only give my experience. I never suffered with depression but benzos did a great job of creating it.  Clonazepam and then valium, they both contributed to it.  Once I jumped off I had a lot of symptoms including depression. However, depression was the first one to lift for me. Other culprits stuck around longer.

Wthat's something to hope will happen for me. 

I will have time keep trying to move forward to see if it can lift for me at some point. 

Again, I really appreciate your support at this vulnerable time.