Need Help on Milk Daily Titration

[be...]

I have been using whole milk for diazepam titration.  I take my entire dose in pills except 2 mg  which I titrate.  I have only been using 20 ml of milk for a 2 mg pill.  I have sort of hit a wall at 5.1 mg.  I am wondering if it is just natural for this dose or if 20 ml of milk is enough to make an accurate suspension with a 2 mg pill.  I know people use a lot more milk, but I never has an issue and dont know if a lot more milk is better since it requires a larger jar, there is more surface area, and not sure it is more accurate.  Anyone have thoughts on the minimum amount recommended?

I don't know but with my TEVA pills with the milk, I could not get the pill to dissolve with just milk.  I added 1ML of water first, allowed it to disintegrate, then added 49ML of milk and that worked as far as a solution/suspension (or whatever).  It could be that because you are in tolerance w/d, you are going a little too fast?  I crossed over to 6.5Mg and am looking at a 1.5-3 year taper, likely....only cutting .01mg per day right now.

Can I ask why you held for a year?  And that's when you went into tolerance with horrific symptoms? 

Have you considered the pharmacy liquid Valium?  I'm trying that now with only .5 mg of my dose, with 6 mg of pills.  I'm on the fence about it right now - my body is hurting but not sure the liquid V is to blame as I just finished my cross a few weeks ago from K.

Thanks mom...so I was cutting 0.02 mg/day my entire taper from 40 mg.  It took a while, but was able to work, be active with my family...pretty normal life.  When I got below about 10 mg, I started to have some sleep issues.  I would go like 3 days in a row with 0 sleep, then would snap out of it and be fine.  The insomnia "periods" became more frequent as I tapered and when I got to 6 mg, I decided to hold and see various sleep experts to see if I could straighten it out.  I went a week with 9 hrs total sleep.  CBT-i (especially sleep restriction therapy) helped regulate my sleep, but I was still getting 4 hrs/night on average.  After about a year at 6 mg, I started to get tinnitus, leg cramps, back pain and hyperosmia.  It was the hyperosmia that really convinced me it was benzo tolerance withdrawal (very few things cause that and one is benzo withdrawal).  So I started chipping away at 0.02 mg/day again and have had 2 bad patches with a 2 week window in-between.  This last one at 5.1 mg has been brutal.  I am looking at everything and seeing if there is something I am doing wrong or if it is just getting into that low dose danger zone. 

Didn't mean to ramble.  Thanks for your help.  I may slow down to 0.01 mg/day as well.

Sorry to hear - I also got tinnitus and many other brutal symptoms but don't want to trigger.  The low amount of sleep is hard for anyone.  Sleep and anxiety/anti-depressant changes are what caused me to take benzos daily.  Anyways, you could also try something in between .01 and .02 - you could try .015 and see how that does for you.  That's the one huge advantage of DLMT, though even with dry cutting, people can adjust by skipping a day, two or whatever. 

Also, as far as the "jar", I found that for milk, the best sized jars I could get are jars that hold yeast - empty the yeast out into something else, take the label off and they are a great size and have screw on lids that don't leak.  Unfortunately, they are not "clear" but amber colored.