New taper, nervous

[Dr...]

I foundly find a Dr to give me a taper plan, my current doses are 2mg Klonopin 2xday, 2mg xanax 2xday... I'm supposed to jump tonight from Klonopin to 30 mg diazepam 2xday. is this fast, I'm very scared just switching like that... any advice, experience?

she's not following Ashton, she has only prescribed diazepam 30mg 2 times a day. Today was my first day. I also noticed there is no step down for either benzos. I'm concerned and just writing a log , today I did take 1mg Klonopin. I'm trying to stay positive I can do this.

The Ashton manual states that 1mg of Klonopin is equal to 30 mgs of Diazepam, and the schedule I'm giving you a link to says to phase it in over time.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s6

What is his plan for the Xanax, I would think he'd have you taper from that first.

Actually while there is not set and fast rule, Ashton says 1 mg klonopin equals 20 mg of Valium... :) I know..I did both... :smitten: and I never went by her manual for the cross myself..just sayin...

The Ashton manual states that 1mg of Klonopin is equal to 30 mgs of Diazepam, and the schedule I'm giving you a link to says to phase it in over time.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s6

What is his plan for the Xanax, I would think he'd have you taper from that first.

Actually while there is not set and fast rule, Ashton says 1 mg klonopin equals 20 mg of Valium... :) I know..I did both... :smitten: and I never went by her manual for the cross myself..just sayin...

Oh good grief Dragonflywings, don't listen to me!!  :o  Thanks for correcting my statement Benzogirl.  :-[

Other than my blunder, what do you, or what does anyone think about Dragonflywings plan?

I foundly find a Dr to give me a taper plan, my current doses are 2mg Klonopin 2xday, 2mg xanax 2xday... I'm supposed to jump tonight from Klonopin to 30 mg diazepam 2xday. is this fast, I'm very scared just switching like that... any advice, experience?

So please let me get this straight. You were on a combination of klonopin and Xanax. A total of 5 mg. This equals 100 mg of Valium. Yet your doctor will only give you 60 mg of Valium. Is this a partial cross over? If so that would mean your substituting 3 mg of either Xanax or Klonopin with the Valium while still taking 2 mg. Both Xanax and klonopin have the same strength.

Yes it is fast. Usually you stagger the cross because a drug like Xanax will leave your system quickly while Valium takes quite a while to get in your system. You may feel withdrawal but as each day passes you’ll feel better. I did a partial cross to 70 mg of Valium and it took me four months. But you may be one of the lucky ones and feel okay. That’s the thing with benzos, everyone has a different journey. You might want to consider asking your doctor to slow things down. Unless you already did the cross. I wanted to reply to you yesterday, but I had a double shift at work. Please keep us posted. :)

I think you were on 160 mg valium equivalents. And you either went to 30 or 60 mg equivalents, if she actually prescribed that amount (I think the family practitioner's guide only allows 30 mg of valium per day). I think you need to talk to her. She's not used to people coming to her on as high a dose of mixed benzos as you were taking. You need to introduce, per Ashton, the 30 mg of valium and cut out 1.5 from either Xanax or clonazepam, preferably the Xanax. Then reduce the Xanax or clonazepam, preferably Xanax, by 5 to 10% per week or two weeks (as you can tolerate). Once you reduce one, then reduce the other, again, preferably Xanax and then clonazepam. After all that, reduce the valium.

I'm not prescribing, just telling you how the Ashton taper would seem to call for in this circumstance.

I think you were on 160 mg valium equivalents. And you either went to 30 or 60 mg equivalents, if she actually prescribed that amount (I think the family practitioner's guide only allows 30 mg of valium per day). I think you need to talk to her. She's not used to people coming to her on as high a dose of mixed benzos as you were taking. You need to introduce, per Ashton, the 30 mg of valium and cut out 1.5 from either Xanax or clonazepam, preferably the Xanax. Then reduce the Xanax or clonazepam, preferably Xanax, by 5 to 10% per week or two weeks (as you can tolerate). Once you reduce one, then reduce the other, again, preferably Xanax and then clonazepam. After all that, reduce the valium.

I'm not prescribing, just telling you how the Ashton taper would seem to call for in this circumstance.

Oops, now my mistake..you are correct, it is 160 mg of Valium. I forgot the X2. Sorry. And yes I seriously doubt a prescriber would script you that high a dose. You’d probaby be comatose, thanks for correcting me. :)

Oops, now my mistake..you are correct, it is 160 mg of Valium. I forgot the X2. Sorry. And yes I seriously doubt a prescriber would script you that high a dose. You’d probaby be comatose, thanks for correcting me. :)

What are buddies for?  :mybuddy:

Hi

I was just looking at your signature which says you use alcohol. Do you still use it or was this past tense?..... :smitten::)