After 27 years on diazepam

[Kl...]

After 27 years on diazepam (30 mg daily), and 217 days without. What I want to emphasize: we will return to normal, there is no doubt, but time is the only medicine that helps us. I tried all kinds of supplements, diets, programs, meditations, whatever comes to mind. Absolutely nothing helped, at least I feel that way. I healed when the body wanted. I suffered for 20 years because I didn't know the exact cause, I wasn't aware that it was from benzo only after about 7 years when things got worse. I had absolutely all the symptoms described in this forum. A real hell, I had to face life, go to work, pretend I'm good. I didn't tell anyone that I was suffering, except for my mother, 4 months ago, when I was already better. Interestingly, I have never had any fear, anxiety or panic attack until after 3 months of giving up. I didn't even have benzo before. But now those are gone. At this moment I feel better than at 20 years old. However, the only thing that helped was time.

My best wishes to everyone with all my heart.

Klavs

Hello Klavs75,

Thanks for letting us know what worked for you, I'm very happy to hear you're feeling so well!  You were on Diazepam for a long time, so it's great to hear that it's possible even for those who have been on it a long time to heal.  :clap:

Pamster

Yes, congratulations on your success, Klavs! And thanks for sharing your story. For those of us who were on the medication for a long time, it's good to hear about positive outcomes. I wish you all the best!

Nothing helped. Sorry to say that. Only time. I lost all my hair. But guess what... 4 months ago start to grow back. I had all physical symptoms, it was a nightmare,  but now I'm almost perfectly fine. I still have low back and middle back pain. But it is better day after day. I whish you all fast recovery. I know what you experience.

L.E.

I forgot. There was something that helped me, but in the end, in the last few months before I stopped diazepam completely. I don't know if it's against the regulation, nor do I have time to check now, anyway, it's about marijuana. I smoked about 3 months every evening and that made life bearable. One day, I noticed that I feel somewhat normal and I didn't smoke anymore. A few months passed and I tried again. Oh no. He gave me a direct panic attack. After that I was anxious for about 2 weeks. And since then I haven't tested anything. It's all over. I am reading this forum and I am worried that I might be in a window and the wave will come. Hmmm

Hi Klavs,

I read your first post and you've been benzo free for about 220 days, I think you'll be just fine, keep up the positive thoughts.  :thumbsup:

Pamster