Worried about memory loss

[Cr...]

Hi.

I've noticed cognitive decline in several areas recently. Used diazepam for decades without noticing this. In my 40s now though, so I worry about this very same issue. It is being suggested more nowadays and science is there to back up these claims but, if you even look around on this forum, it seems to me that there are more people who get their wits and memory back upon recovery. I find this encouraging. However, I'm not sure that some of us suffer more permanent damage than others. Personally, I've never had that great a memory so always kept diaries, to be sure. Sometimes I find diaries from years ago and read some entries and definitely cannot recall the actual memory! Is it the diaz though? I  really can't be sure.

I hope more people answer your question, then we may get a better understanding?

Either way though, the brain can do so much. I like to  think a bit of rewiring is totally possible. Fingers crossed!

i am scared. i have felt likee this for 9 months.  like my brain is struggling to think. i don't function well, i was ok, until CT in feb. havn't been same since.  i am 65, so, i dont know if or what happens.

Cathymp, hi.

I'm sorry. This sounds very distressing for you. Please try to remain hopeful. It really could just be that the fog takes this long to clear. It is scary when you can't get your head round stuff. I've been writing some words backwards recently, though it's not every day. I haven't yet stopped altogether and do notice that when I am on a dose, the problem goes away again. Really confusing..

I am not an expert but I would suggest the brain is still in the huff with you for depriving it of what it thinks it wants.

Hopefully more people can comment here. A broader picture would be good.

Have you noticed any improvements at all since cessation? Have you tried doing puzzles/crosswords etc. to see if you can re-engage your mind? Like exercise is good for us, maybe mentally "working out" is also needed.

I don't know. If you notice any difference soon, please do update.

Wishing you well.