~ Continued Nausea ~ Clonazepam Taper ~

[Se...]

This was my response to a fellow buddie who’s experiencing nausea too.

If anyone has helpful tips for us, please let us know.

Thanks!

SG

💜

Copy/paste:

I’ve experienced nausea since before my taper began.  I was convinced it was from reinstating Celexa.  I weaned off of that four months ago.  I was hoping it was alprazolam.  I weaned off of that 43 days ago.  That didn’t resolve it either.  I was put on clonazepam 1mg a year ago by an incompetent psychiatrist in an attempt to cross over from alprazolam to clonazepam.  Of course it didn’t work.  I was still on at least 2.5mg of alprazolam/day and 1mg clonazepam/day would never cover the deficit.  That’s how I ended up on two benzos.

I’ve been on clonazepam a year this month.  I’ve tapered down to .72mg/day from 1mg/day. I’m using DLMT.  I equally dose 3 times a day.  I don’t feel any better after dosing.  I’ve slowed my taper, held my taper.  Nothing eases the nausea.  I’ve taken every antiemetic known to man. Reglan, promethazine, phenergan, Zofran, hydroxyzine, Pepcid, Tums...just to name a few.  Today is a very bad day.  My mornings are exceptionally bad too.  Along with insomnia, I am awakened by nausea and anxiety every morning at 4:00.  I’m very food sensitive too.  I foolishly ate a small serving of ice cream last night.  I’m suffering more today because of it. 

I also suffer from increasing balance issues and dizziness too.  It’s always been in the background but it’s terrible now.  Debilitating. Agoraphobia?  Yep! I have that too.  I never had that before. I was always active, driving my car, shopping, visiting people, taking walks, flying to see one of my sons out of state.  Benzo withdrawal is the common factor.

I too had a GI work up a bit more than a year ago and minus some minor inflammation, everything is normal. I’m pretty sure nausea was tolerance to alprazolam at the time.

Along with food sensitivities, I can’t tolerate carbs.  My sugar spikes to ridiculous levels making me feel more anxious and nauseated.  All diabetic blood work was normal.

I force myself to eat three small meals and two snacks during the day.  I eat healthy, nutritional foods; mostly chicken, veggies and fruits.  I don’t drink alcohol, eat gluten (thyroid/Hashimoto’s), no refined sugar (except when I foolishly cave and eat ice cream), and gave up coffee (which I loved) more than a year ago.  I drink at least 8 to 10 bottles of water a day. It’s a struggle but I’ve experienced more than a 50 pound weight loss and I’m just trying to maintain my weight at this point.  I’m too skinny. 

My former psychiatrist insisted it was always “anxiety” fueling the nausea.  I disagree. It’s the benzo and tolerance. I see a psychologist now and though she isn’t a medical doctor, she believes it’s tolerance too. I’m sure the stress of tapering more than a year doesn’t help anxiety, but I think it’s a chemical anxiety.

I wish I had the answer.  I wish someone on here had the answers but I haven’t found any yet.  I’m pretty certain it’s the benzos and it won’t resolve until we’re benzo free.

I’m gong to copy/paste my response as an additional post to see if anyone can help us.

I hope you feel better soon.

SG

💜