Horrible side effect from famotidine confirmed

[Bl...]

Tried to switch from Ppi’s to h2 blocker (famotidine) and I almost fainted, I am dizzy and have a lot of nausea, also confusion.

I am back on the Ppi...

Hope this helps someone. This is definitely not the “safest option” for me

Blossom

I used to take a PPI. Omeprazole, can't remember the brand name. These things are apparently hard to stop taking due to a rebound effect. I tapered off it by skipping days, gradually and gradually to the point where I was taking it once a week and then stopped almost completely. Even still, I had to take one every once in a while. Eventually I was able to stop for good.

I used to take a PPI. Omeprazole, can't remember the brand name. These things are apparently hard to stop taking due to a rebound effect. I tapered off it by skipping days, gradually and gradually to the point where I was taking it once a week and then stopped almost completely. Even still, I had to take one every once in a while. Eventually I was able to stop for good.

I think that's what I'm going to do....

that's my only option

thanks for responding :)

much love

Glad I could help!

I just remembered, I think the PPI pills are enteric coated because stomach acid destroys the molecule. That's why you're supposed to take it on an empty stomach. So you can't split the pill.

I had the similar issues with ppis, and h2 blockers. Always felt like I was going to pass out or have a heart attack. Light headed, rapid breath, etc. I just bit the bullet and had horrible heart burn and stomach burning for a few weeks or months or whatever it was and got off all of it. Not a doctor though, just what I did

I had the similar issues with ppis, and h2 blockers. Always felt like I was going to pass out or have a heart attack. Light headed, rapid breath, etc. I just bit the bullet and had horrible heart burn and stomach burning for a few weeks or months or whatever it was and got off all of it. Not a doctor though, just what I did

Totally understable, I am not that brave yet...