tapering off ativan

[du...]

I wanted to ask everyone tapering off Ativan, or any other benzodiazepine, about some of the crazy symptoms I'm getting while tapering off, and if anyone else is having the same thing happening as I am, I told my doctor what was going on with me, and he said it cant be that bad ? I didn't say anything, but I did change my doctor, because of his comment, to me that's not a good doctor !!

the things that are going on with me are, I'm down to .05 mg of Ativan per day, from 1.5 mg per day, and take a 1/4 cut every two weeks, it seems I can tolerate it, but I wake every morning between 3:00-4:00am cant get back to sleep, I get overheated laying in bed, so I get up and walk around the house for a while, I cannot get relaxed, butterflys in my stomach, shoulders up into my neck. have a hard time breathing because I'm stressed out, thinking somethings wrong, when I know there's not, anxiety always there, the stress hormone cortisol, causing me to break out on my face like a teenager, a fear of going out anywhere, don't enjoy anything like I did before taking this poison, let's not forget the intrusive thought's, well that's about it, all I have is this forum to tell my problem too, anybody with advice ?    thanks

I have the same symptoms. I believe it’s all a part of withdrawal.  Early morning wake up is horrible.  I’ve been doing it for more than a year.  No matter what time I go to bed, 4 o’clock is time to get up.  Once I’m awake, there’s no falling back to sleep. I get hot, anxious, looping thoughts and nausea.  I try to stay in bed while trying calm myself down.  I do deep breathing exercises.  I get up and meditate and it does help somewhat. 

I too suffer from agoraphobia...”fear of going out anywhere”.  I see a psychologist and facing agoraphobia is the “cure”.  Going out and doing things is easier said than done.  Balance/dizziness and nausea put a damper on getting out and about.  I do what I can.  A short walk around the outside of my house.  A walk to the mailbox at the street. Walking thorough my house many, many times a day.  Up and down the steps.  I try to distract myself.  I used to take a walk every morning but the balance  issues got too severe to continue.

I’m tapered off alprazolam (Xanax) for 40 days but continue tapering clonazepam (Klonopin).  I’ve had all these symptoms even at higher doses. 

I’m hoping once I’m off altogether the symptoms will subside.

It’s not a nice way to live but it’s what we have to do.  Looking forward to healing and being well again is what keeps me going.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

SG

💜

All the same symptoms for me as well been doing this for a year now . Not as bad as it was but some days are rough . Sleep is the worst for me .