medicating for withdrawal symptoms

[Co...]

When someone in benzo withdrawal thinks she is passing a kidney stone or having a migraine, is it appropriate to medicate with pain killers etc or give a placebo?

Hi, Cookie. It must be hard to see a love-one suffering like that. I think that if someone is in severe pain, you should seek a medical opinion. It's best to rule out an actual medical problem. And I if/when they do, I would ask the doctor about a placebo, too.

Also, if you are able, please add a signature (history of meds/doses, etc.) that will appear appear below your posts. It will help members give you relevant advice. Go to the top of the page and select profile. Then choose forum profile. Then insert your drug history into the text box. Remember to click change profile when you’ve finished.

I looked back and saw you were asking about daughter-in-law, but others are not going to know this. A signature saying you are asking for her would be helpful. It will show up after each of your posts. If you need help creating one, click on HelpDesk and some will be happy to help. :thumbsup: