Help Please.

[At...]

I hit tolerance at .5mg of Ativan after about a month and a half of use, which was about a month ago. I accidentally dropped to .35mg in about a month and was suffering horrible from wd and very bad adverse reactions. I tried to cold turkey as of yesterday and have gone insane in less than 48 hours. I reinstated V today at 1.5mg just to see how I do. I know 3.5mg is the equivalent but I just wanted to see how I do on a lower dose. Thoughts on this? Ativan was giving me serious adverse reactions making me delusional.

Stop playing doctor... find a Benzo friendly psychiatrist. There is a list floating around somewhere and get to the doctor.

Maybe get back to the Ativan and start a taper.  Dr. assisted

AtivanPoison, 3.5 mgs of Valium is not the equivalent of .5 mgs of Ativan. The figure is 5 mgs. No wonder you feel bad. You're "under-benzoed". So here's my advice.

Yes, try to find a doc who will prescribe your benzos. And be honest about what you're on. Being on 2 benzos does not make sense.

Now, decide . . . do you want to taper off (I assume you want to taper something to zero??) valium or Ativan? I was on both and valium was a lot easier for me. I am sure not a doc, but if I were you, I would get stable on 5 mgs of valium, then start tapering. Valium is a much longer half-life drug than Ativan. You are not likely to have interdose wthdrawals. And don't yo-yo back and forth.

So, those are my thoughts.

Best,

Katz