Crossing over from Lorazepam to Rx Liquid Valium 5mg/ml

[Po...]

Hi,

I have made it from 3.0 Lorazepam to 1.8 mg currently with micro taper using Jim Hawk spreadsheet.  Time to convert to Valium for longer half life to get to the finish.

Need help with a new taper schedule please!  Builder, can you help me again?

1) First need plan to cross over gradually to the Liquid Valium.  Ashton has a chart for 3.0 mg, but I am at 1.8 mg. And I really don't understand what to do with the 5 mg/ml Liquid as far as math!!!!  No clue!!

2) Once I taper gradually over, remaining still at 1.8 Lorazepam = 18 mg Valium then I will need a new Jim Hawk spreadsheet for tapering.  I can't figure out what values to put in the spreadsheet. Can someone do one and show me what values to use please?

3) Is 5mg/ml Liquid valium the "standard" liquid?  Is there a different one that is better/recommended?  My Dr. stated he isn't familiar with the liquids, he doesn't usually prescribe them, I'm the first one.  Also, if I should use pills + liquid (I think I should!!) What mg pills should I ask him for?

thank you in advance for your help!!

Hi,

I have made it from 3.0 Lorazepam to 1.8 mg currently with micro taper using Jim Hawk spreadsheet.  Time to convert to Valium for longer half life to get to the finish.

Need help with a new taper schedule please!  Builder, can you help me again?

1) First need plan to cross over gradually to the Liquid Valium.  Ashton has a chart for 3.0 mg, but I am at 1.8 mg. And I really don't understand what to do with the 5 mg/ml Liquid as far as math!!!!  No clue!!

2) Once I taper gradually over, remaining still at 1.8 Lorazepam = 18 mg Valium then I will need a new Jim Hawk spreadsheet for tapering.  I can't figure out what values to put in the spreadsheet. Can someone do one and show me what values to use please?

3) Is 5mg/ml Liquid valium the "standard" liquid?  Is there a different one that is better/recommended?  My Dr. stated he isn't familiar with the liquids, he doesn't usually prescribe them, I'm the first one.  Also, if I should use pills + liquid (I think I should!!) What mg pills should I ask him for?

thank you in advance for your help!!

Good job!

No need to dilute 5mg/ml(1ml=1mg) Pharma liquid Valium * to make a 1:10 or 1:100 solution etc

Ask for 2mg tablets

Here is a crossover plan from 1.8mg

Here is a sample of what values to put into the spreadsheet from Jim Hawks program reducing 10% from 18mg in 30 days.

Good luck!

*Dilute after measuring out dose is what is recommended by manufacturer ie: putting is juice applesauce etc.

edit: *added

You definitely need the 5 mg/5ml or 1mg/1ml Roxane (Westward) solution - I had to call around to pharmacies to see if they could order (many do not carry in stock) - Sam's Club could as could CVS but not my local grocery store pharmacy.  And honestly, if you are going to convert and use this, I would do it without going to pills if you can, that way your body would adjust to it straight off.  You may have issues later.  I am currently on pills/liquid and I kind of wish I would have just done liquid only to start off with....I think.  It's just another change for your body to adjust to if you are sensitive and have to switch from a pill to the new liquid (which is another generic switch/mechanism switch).  With that said, if you don't do well with the liquid only, going to pills/liquid may be a good option to try.  Some don't do well with liquid in any form.  I may be one of them - I'm trying to give it a go as it's only been a week at a smaller amount.

There's no way I could take it straight - I have to dilute with water (which you can do in a bottle or jar) because it makes me feel sick to my stomach and tastes really gross.  I'm currently on 6.5 mg (with only .5 mg of Roxane). 

Thank you for your replies!!!

I apologize, I still can't understand my liquid math.  5mg/1ml - I just don't understand this. How do I get to 3 mg of V, and it's not really mg, it's ml's since its liquid, so how many ml's = 3 mg?  What does that look like on a syringe to measure?

Right now, I have Rx for liquid only.  Dr. seemed to want to do pills, but I didn't know how to get them to lower #'s, so I suggested liquid.  I'm not sure he's going to give me pills if I go back, but I'm concerned about the volume of liquid this would be!  Isn't that going to be a LOT!??

I totally don't understand the Jim Hawk taper spreadsheet example.  Can you do it with liquid only please, no pills?

Thanks again.  I am beyond confused.  Once I can understand everything I will cross over and then taper.  (took a few tries the first time, then it was clear & I was good to go).

Thank you for your replies!!!

I apologize, I still can't understand my liquid math.  5mg/1ml - I just don't understand this. How do I get to 3 mg of V, and it's not really mg, it's ml's since its liquid, so how many ml's = 3 mg?  What does that look like on a syringe to measure?

Right now, I have Rx for liquid only.  Dr. seemed to want to do pills, but I didn't know how to get them to lower #'s, so I suggested liquid.  I'm not sure he's going to give me pills if I go back, but I'm concerned about the volume of liquid this would be!  Isn't that going to be a LOT!??

I totally don't understand the Jim Hawk taper spreadsheet example.  Can you do it with liquid only please, no pills?

Thanks again. I am beyond confused. Once I can understand everything I will cross over and then taper.  (took a few tries the first time, then it was clear & I was good to go).

Is your pharma liquid 5mg=1ml or 5mg=5ml? (I have never seen 5mg=1ml from a pharmacy before so I assumed you meant 5mg=5ml) sorry for any confusion, my bad.

Here is a plan using 5mg=1ml.

You may have to dilute it when you get lower in dose or better yet have your pharmacist make up a 1mg=1ml solution when you get lower in dosage.

Thank you again!

Picked up my Rx today, it is Diazepam Intensol 5mg/ml

There are no directions to dilute it.  It seems like this is very concentrated. 

I don't really understand the math.  Can you please provide the math I should use and how to take it? I need really simple instructions please.  @Builder gave me a ratio when I was doing Lorazepam pills to liquid.  Can you or @Builder give me a ratio for this to make it simple for me, or is it already simple and I'm just missing it, lol?

After I measure out my dose, can I just add any amount of juice or water to it to make it not taste bad?

Thanks in advance for the help!  I'm getting closer to understanding with each reply you give me!!

Picked up my Rx today, it is Diazepam Intensol 5mg/ml

There are no directions to dilute it.  It seems like this is very concentrated.

Is this liquid really thick? Can you draw it up in your syringe?

If you want to dilute it:

1) Put 10 ml of your pharma liquid (5mg/1ml) in a suitable container

2)Add 40ml distilled water

You now have a solution that equals 1mg/1ml

OR

1) Put 10 ml of your pharma liquid 5mg/1ml in a suitable container

2)Add 490ml distilled water

You now have a solution that equals 1mg/10ml

I don't really understand the math.  Can you please provide the math I should use and how to take it? I need really simple instructions please.  @Builder gave me a ratio when I was doing Lorazepam pills to liquid.  Can you or @Builder give me a ratio for this to make it simple for me, or is it already simple and I'm just missing it, lol?

Did you look at the link in my previous post with the sample from Jim Hawks program and the diagram on how to read the syringe? If you use this schedule as  a reference it is simple. NO MATH  ;)

Click this link and you will see a  sample of a easy to read schedule using the undiluted  5mg=1ml Pharma solution:

5mg=1ml(undiluted)

Click this link to see a sample schedule using the diluted(1mg=1ml) pharma liquid:

1mg=1ml(diluted)

Click this link to see a sample schedule using the diluted (1mg=10ml): pharma liquid:

1mg=10ml(diluted)

These sample schedules were created with Jim Hawks program. If you want to use this schedule as a reference you can download and  print the whole schedule. Here is the link to Jim Hawks program so you can down load the schedule: Jim Hawks NO MATH program

After I measure out my dose, can I just add any amount of juice or water to it to make it not taste bad?

yes

Gudruna --  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot imagine trying to do this taper without the guidance I get from BB!  :smitten:

All of you who give so generously of your time are doing life changing acts of service to those of us in great need.

Please know how appreciated you are!  Every one of you who is the "helper" here!

I'm not sure yet if my liquid is thick, I am not ready to try it yet for at least a week.  Have to get my mind and body completely ready!  A little stress now with the holiday... will see if all is calm after that.  In the bottle, it doesn't appear to be thick.  I think I could use my syringe and then fill syringe with water after to make sure I ingest all of it.  Will follow your smaller dilution suggestion if I do find thickness is any issue.

One more question (hopefully just one, haha!)

1) Does diluting the Rx liquid affect it in ANY way at all, efficacy, etc?  Just stir it up and will it be as equally distributed as undiluted?  Or is undiluted, if possible, always the best way to go?

Thank you sooooooo much!!!!  I appreciate all the various spreadsheet examples, syringe pictures and clear explanations.  I feel ready to carry on now!  :thumbsup::)

Posted by: Positive1Always

« on: November 22, 2019, 12:38:17 am »

1) Does diluting the Rx liquid affect it in ANY way at all, efficacy, etc?  Just stir it up and will it be as equally distributed as undiluted?  Or is undiluted, if possible, always the best way to go?

It has been reported that heat and light can cause it to loose efficacy. Yes, gently stir it up (do not want bubbles). For me the preferred way to go when/if possible is undiluted. Personally, I feel that it is best to not modify pharmaceutical medication in any way unless absolutely necessary.

Also, it is debatable as to how/what diluting with water can affect a pharmaceutical preparation. These medications are made under strict guidelines and are tested, verified and certified. Once they are altered the guarantee is void.

While many folks have successfully tapered with modifed pharma medication(s) (including myself) I would recommend caution especially with preparation and storage to avoid contamination. If one must alter the pharma medication, I would strongly suggest using distilled water and storing it properly (amber container/dark cupboard, proper temperature etc.) Making a new batch daily also helps.

Here are a couple of links for you to check out regarding storage, efficacy etc:

stability/efficacy

discussion on storage & efficacy

The taste is disgusting and I believe it does say you can dilute with water for your palate.  I will tell you, I got some extra medicine bottles with nice adapter caps from my pharmacy and that helps me draw up the medication and then I use the other bottles for my dosage.  I dilute 1 ml with 49 ml of distilled water for a 1mg/50 ML solution.  I only do 2 days at a time.  I just started on this so I'm not sure how well it will work out for me.  I practiced a lot with regular water, had my spreadsheet all made out before hand and I have a kitchen scale that weighs to the ML to double check everything.  If my mind gets worse, I will have to have my husband help me.