Klonopin free after 25 years

[Sa...]

After 25 years of 1-2mg of klonopin, I’ve made it to the other side and have been klonopin free for 14 days.  I have a mild level of many of the most common symptoms, but I’m living a great and normal life.  I dry tapered for 16 months, I cut .25 about every month until I got to .5 then I slowed way down. I listened to my body like Ashton said and went at the speed I wanted.  I jumped at .04.  I drink a half cup of coffee in the morning and a glass of champagne at night.  I am a mom to two girls and drive them everywhere.  I’m so thankful for how well it’s going considering the amount of time I’ve been on klon.  My biggest sense of peace comes from the gospel of grace.  I listened to the audible version of “live the let go life” during my hardest periods when I couldn’t turn my thoughts off.  I’m 45 years old and I’ve never really lived as an adult without benzos.  I’m nervously excited to move forward.  Very thankful for this site.💖

Congratulations Saige!!!

You had a long run with clonazepam..I too was a long term user. Been free for 8 months...It does feel good to feel good! Grace saved me through the first few months. I do wish I could have a beer. I had to stop in month 2 or 3 (I was in a fog..).

Again, congrats. Please come back and keep the success story front and center. People need to hear these stories...sometimes hope is what keeps them going, it did me.

J

Congratulations on getting off!

Huge, huge accomplishment.  I'm wishing you a wonderful life moving forward. 

May I ask if you had any depression while tapeing?  It is one of the biggest symtoms of Clonazapam for me.

Thank you everyone! I’m feeling better every day. Regarding depression, I haven’t really had to battle anything too serious.  I believe taking Nordic naturals ultimate omega has helped.  Omega has been shown to combat depression.  I have taken it every day from the start. Best wishes

Thank you everyone! I’m feeling better every day. Regarding depression, I haven’t really had to battle anything too serious.  I believe taking Nordic naturals ultimate omega has helped.  Omega has been shown to combat depression.  I have taken it every day from the start. Best wishes

Thank you, I just got some Nordic Natural cod liver supplements. 

That’s great but I would be careful as cod liver oil has really high vitamin A that might be too much over a long period.  You might want to rotate it with a sardine or anchovy based fish oil to avoid any toxicity problems.👍

That’s great but I would be careful as cod liver oil has really high vitamin A that might be too much over a long period.  You might want to rotate it with a sardine or anchovy based fish oil to avoid any toxicity problems.👍

Thanks for that feedback.  I will keep it in mind.

• 3 weeks later...

Dry cut and scale. It wasn’t perfect but it worked for me👍

Sorry one last question. Crushing your pills or shaving them down?  I'm trying to decide about changing my method to crushing my pills or if it even matters.  Asking different peole who have dry cut, what their experience has been.Thanks.