Sharp rectum pain ?

[Sa...]

Hello everyone

I’m 5 months drug free and have mostly mental symptoms

Physical is insomnia and complete lack of appetite, cannot taste what I’m eating.

The strangest one is sharp pain in rectum, it only happened 3 times so far woke me up from very little sleep that I’m getting lately, it did not last long maybe 3 minutes but it was very painful.

Please let me know if any of you experience it.

Thank you so much

Hi. I noticed your post. It is certainly an unusual symptom of withdrawals but I have just begun to notice something similar.

Of course, if it persists; I will seek medical advice.

For now though, I am thinking that, personally, I am experiencing this due to extreme flatulence.

The gastric distress seems to be causing insufferable and quite violent wind. (I mean... in the dead of night, I feel so bloated that I simply have to let rip. Luckily they are all sound sleepers in my house!)

However, I do think that, because I am seemingly constantly pushing these explosions out (rather than have them build up to painful trapped wind..) that I am maybe putting undue pressure on my rear end. Hopefully this is only temporary.

Is this anything similar to what you are getting? I do experience the pain on its own, but I am reasonably guessing that the cause is the gas. I am currently having difficulty chewing properly and this surely doesn't help. Have you tried to suss out whether this may be dietary or digestive issues for you? Either way, because it's unusual, I would ask the doctor about it, to be safe. Although I have not done that myself yet, mainly because it is not too persistent and I am still in the process of regaining a decent diet/exercise/sleep routine and all that stuff. Hope this is helpful somehow, rather than just too much information!  Take care and, if in doubt, get it checked out.

I get this  on and off.

Very painful and can last for hours.

My rectal sphincter feels very tight just like every other muscle in my bod so don’t know if it is that.

Although for me I think it might be connected to the surgery site and disc herniations.

I also have tight pelvic floor according to physio even though I had a prolapse in this so wonder if that is connected.

Extreme painful tailbone, at the very end of it not the sacrum, started when i got down to 0.3mg valium remained till today 4.5 months off constant never a break. I injured my lower back the same time so was confused if its wd related.

I have the particular pressing pain on that spot. Does your more painful when pressing?

I have extreme tightness in tailbone but not pain. It feels like it pulls from all the way up my back to base of skull like the main spinal ligament is too short.

I have pain in glutes that go out from sacrum and coccyx - like the muscles are injured and inflamed.

The rectum pain is different - that is more like someone is sticking a knife up my bottom.

I’ve had that in a mild form on and off, along with tightness and twitching in the pelvic floor muscles and tightness in the back of the legs that goes down into calves. Today I’ve been also getting more than usual tightness near sacrum and tailbone. It’s so annoying...sometimes it feels like I have to go, but when I try - nothing is happening. I’ve been having this on and off when I started withdrawal  :-\ sometimes it’s ok and other times I become “paranoid” about it being something else rather than benzo  withdrawal...but I think that maybe because the sensations are always changing and it feels like it primarily involves muscles, then it is highly likely benzos... I hope this eases off for all of us soon. It’s literally an annoying pain in the butt...

Get this from time to time. Sitting in a shallow hot bath helps for 10 minutes. Some say to add baking soda or epsom salts for extra relief. It is like a muscle spasm. My father gets it too from time to time and used to tell me about it. Personally, constipation or having to go can bring it on, and not getting enough fiber and water in the diet. The pain is excruciating and distressing if it persists longer than 20 minutes.