Re: Tolerance Withdrawal

[No...]

I went cold turkey off benzos. I Could not take the withdrawal symptoms. Reinstated to .75 of Klonopin on September 21st.

Immediately felt better, not great. I was told by doctor to hold at .75.  Now I feel like the .75 is not working, I feel nausea in the am,

hard time getting out of bed. Is this tolerance withdrawal?  Do I need to increase my dose.  Or should I start tapering and get this

poison OUT of my body.  Any input appreciated.

I went almost cold turkey of Clonazepam.  Twice.  I tried to taper off years of use, in one week.  A visiting shrink told me I could get off it in 5 days... I ended up in a psychosis that wouldn't go away, so my docs recommended I up my dose from .5 to .75.  Then, .75 wasn't working anymore and I was having severe dizziness, nausea and depression.    I tried a second time to quit, without any help, and made it two weeks before I was hallucinating and out of it.  I wish I had had some medical support.  I wish I had come here.

So then I was upped to 1mg/day.  But again, after awhile, it just wasn't working much anymore. I was crying and dizzy and generally strung out.  So this time, I am doing it with support from BB and from my doctors who all of a sudden are taking tapering seriously.  Did they get some new information?  Looking back, I can see that I was having tolerance withdrawal the first year after I started.  Knowing that Clonazepam causes brain damage and tolerance - I can't wait to get off it.  I was taking it for dizziness.  Now that my dose is much lower I am not finding dizziness a problem.  Good Luck with your decision.

I was in tolerance withdrawal and chose to taper off benzos. I am glad I did. I am close to the end of my taper now (about 7 weeks left) and though there have been some horrendous times, I'm already better than I was before I started this.

Benzos mask the problem. It is worthwhile to learn to cope because those problems don't go away and it's harder to deal with them when you've been avoiding them with benzos.

Our brains were fine before - the chemical imbalance is a myth - and they will be again. It may take awhile, but it will be ok.