Vaginal hormone replacement cream

[De...]

Hi,

My gynecologist has prescribed a very low dose of vaginal hormone replacement cream to help with vaginal dryness and other related issues.

Has anyone had a reaction to this medication?

I’m to use a minimal dose twice a week for a month and later just one dose a week.

Thanks!

I take bio identical HRT which is compounded. The best vaginal cream is Estriol which has to be compounded, but it is the best for the vaginal and urinary track tissues. It is the weakest of the 3 estrogens. It is only produced in pregnancy.

I imagine you were given Estradiol cream. That is stronger, but it is effective. I would use a small dose like it was recommended. It can be absorbed systemically if taken in large doses.

I am a big believer in HRT as long as it is not the drug hormones. I have been on it for 22 years and plan to take it forever. Hope this helps! :)

Hi Dana,

What I have been prescribed is the following, a bio identical hormone cream with the following components estriol 3mg DHEA6mg excipiente cbp 1g

This is cream is made in Mexico, where I’m presently living.

Are you familiar with this formula?

Thanks!

Demelza

Estriol and DHEA are great. I have used the DHEA cream before and it is proven to really help.

It is a precursor to Testosterone which is also great for the tissues. There might be some systemic absorption so start low and doing it twice weekly sounds great.

I would say it will help you a lot. Sounds like you have a great Dr. who knows his hormones. :)

Very welcome. Also, the beauty of the compounding hormones is that they can be tweaked very easily. If you feel it is too much, not so much the Estriol, but the DHEA, then she can lower the dose. Estriol is not absorbed so much systemically, but you might feel some effects from the DHEA. Maybe not. I already take a compounded testosterone sublingual drop with my Estradiol in addition to the cream. I seemed to do just fine with the Estriol and still do. The creams also help prevent UTI's, which seem to plague older women. I have no problems. If only the benzo's were this easy! :)

Hi Dana!

What is the DHEA?

I’m not familiar with hormones at all.

I had a hysterectomy at 43, but kept my ovaries.

I didn’t have any problems until not too long ago.

Thanks!