Frown lines (between the eyes)

[co...]

So... after 3 years in PAWs I have permanent sh*t face. 2-3 solidly engraved lines between my eyes which I didn't have before all of this. It's definitely from the constant fear and therefore stress that one's body and mind endures on a daily basis in protracted withdrawal.

There are only a couple of ways to fix this that I am aware of; botox or surgery where they fry the nerve endings. Neither of those options appeal to me in the slightest. But I also cannot go around looking angry all of the time when I have to get back out into the world. At some point soon, "Fake it until you make it" will be something I will have to do whether I like it or not.

Has anyone had any success with anything that helps either reduce or eliminate these frown lines? I am in my early forties so I would imagine that some of this is going to be permanent now but maybe there is a product / protocol that improves elasticity of the skin?

thank you,

I've been drinking lemon water. Just squeeze 1/2 lemon twice a day in water. It smooths out the skin and helps clear it up. See if that helps.

Maybe tretinoin or retinol. These are the best for wrinkles. Just becareful if you have sensitivites. I am starting to check everything i put in or on my body these days.

Search for “Frownies”  >:(

They’re basically a thin pre-formed paper that you wet & then apply to your problem areas before going to sleep.  They dry in place and retrain those areas to be a little smoother while you sleep.

The effect is temporary and not as dramatic as Botox but my experience is that they do help reduce some of those worry lines.  Also, the impact of them is cumulative - so while your results may only last for a little bit in the beginning, if you use them consistently, the smoothing can eventually last for the whole day.

If you search on amazon, you’ll get products that contain collagen and other additives. I haven’t tried any of those because I have so many skin sensitivities - but I can tolerate the Frownies brand.  My skin is a little red upon removal, but it resolves by the time I’m finished getting ready for the day.

—————

Another non-invasive technique:

Facial “Gua Sha” ... I think it’s a Chinese technique, (but honestly, I’m not sure of its origins), where you use a gently curved tool to massage your face.  I tried it when I was exploring non-drug ways of managing my anxiety as I was tapering my Xanax - but some folks swear that it helps with fine wrinkles.

I didn’t do it enough to see if it worked on my wrinkles but it does feel nice and definitely helps to stimulate circulation.  YouTube has some interesting videos showing some of the techniques with before & after results. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yep-  my "elevens" came on this horrific year. Ugh. I hate them, makes me look angry when I am actually feeling happy inside!

I second the retinol and the frownies patches!

The frownies are so cheap. And like the other post said it doesn't last, but if you wear them every night it does help. One thing that I do with them is wear for a few hours before a night out or before family pictures, lol. It just makes them a little less. Better than nothing, and I refuse Botox!!!

Nope there is a 3d way to get rid of the lines in the face. Nowadays they call it "face gym"... the old asian people have done it ever since.

You may google either "face gym" or "fascial massage" or "asian face / scalp massage".

I just use such a roller for the face and have learned some techniques myself - but you really need to learn first because the muscles in the face are hard to "find" first with your fingers. Later you are amazed what others can do to your face.

After years in pain and weight gain and weight loss I did some research and found out about these helpers The results are amazing, although I had to learn a lot first. Nice side effect: no more dark circles and swollen areas in the face, under the eyes and so on..

Combine it with lymphatic massages for the face and its a miracle.

(another chapter in my book "what I had to learn in withdrawal :tickedoff:")