Has anyone had repeated problems with BP Spiking during taper?

[Ho...]

Thanks.  My Pulse was like 60.  So I was not anxious.  I increased my taper by a tiny amount but  the CNS reacted wildly ......it did this before when I got down to 10mg and had to HOLD for THREE ENTIRE MONTHS.......the BP kept going up.  I had windows from 9 mg to 7 and now it's BACK over reacting again while I'm calm.  It's insane.

[eb...]
I was told it's because our sympathetic nervous system is in overdrive but I'm sure the autonomic nervous system plays a big part resulting in these sxs.

Yes - my blood pressure spiking was one of my biggest worries right after I finished tapering off. My BP med was increased and after a couple of weeks my BP leveled off.  it's fine now and my WD symptoms have morphed into other other symptoms.

Southern star's post is really interesting!

Agree with you both.  Problem is I my CNS goes crazy when I've tried EVERY SINGLE BP MED!  So I'm kind of Stuck here with a potential of a stroke when the BP keeps spiking over 200 ........it gets scary.

[eb...]
If your bp is spiking that high then perhaps you should take the med regardless of sxs revving up. It won't be as bad as a stroke and sxs will eventually diminish. I've had 2 strokes from bwd, the last one quite serious, the relentless adrenaline surges put me into Afib. Seriously, i would take a revved up cns over a stroke and it is likely to be a temporary thing anyway, as you heal your bp is likely to stop spiking so high.

Heck yes! And irregular pulse. Tachycardia. Palpitations. Rolling consecutive panic attacks. Hang in there! It gets better. Now my main healing symptom is dizziness and imbalance. Do you get that?

Saw a reumatologist this morning.  She checked my blood pressure. For the first time ever it wasn't 140/ 80. This morning it was 160/ 80. She said it's quite normal to have a slightly higher BP in a hospital setting...She wasn't worried. I have to admit I felt quite nervous this morning. I'll see another Dr. next week and will have it tested again. Will have to wait and see...

Thanks guys.  Appreciate all your advice.

Oh I take the med when my BP spikes from 110 to 180 in SECONDS.  Oh yea, I take it.  I cannot afford to have this happening continually, like you guys said, it does damage to the body.

And Joyatlast51, I have had horrendous vertigo when I was coming off 10 mg off and on for a month but it would go and come back but haven't had it now for 8 solid months.  So it does pass, I pray that these BP Spikes pass as well.  It's been going on ever since I hit 10 mgs and now I'm at 7 mg and still going on.  It was gone for 8 months but now back with a vengeance.

Wish you all well and the very best coming off this stuff.  We need to encourage one another through these storms.  Thank you for your encouragement.  So appreciated.

Kimmie