Author Topic: Who here had an exercise induced set back?  (Read 2675 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Who here had an exercise induced set back?
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2019, 11:35:37 am »
I did.
I started getting facial/jaw spasms and bad DP/DR from overworking at the gym.
Now, it's light weights and a gentle workout, until my receptors heal completely.
I feel okay. Sometimes I get dizzy, but most of the time, I can hack a light workout.
[...].  8)

This is what I'm doing too. I push it a little but not a lot. The no pain no gain philosophy can really knock us out in wd. Being gentle to ourselves is the key. Also, when strength training, I get dizzy and feel sick after each series of ten. Instead of waiting one minute between series, I rest three to five minutes or more, until my brain settles down a bit.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2019, 12:01:28 pm »
I did.
I started getting facial/jaw spasms and bad DP/DR from overworking at the gym.
Now, it's light weights and a gentle workout, until my receptors heal completely.
I feel okay. Sometimes I get dizzy, but most of the time, I can hack a light workout.
[...].  8)

This is what I'm doing too. I push it a little but not a lot. The no pain no gain philosophy can really knock us out in wd. Being gentle to ourselves is the key. Also, when strength training, I get dizzy and feel sick after each series of ten. Instead of waiting one minute between series, I rest three to five minutes or more, until my brain settles down a bit.
Hi [...],
Yes, I do this too. I find I need that extra rest for five minutes, because my adrenaline levels are all over the shop. I used to do 3x group sessions a week one time, smashing records and barely breaking a sweat. Now, I'm heavily weakened by the benzo and find it hard to go more than twice a month.
[...].
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2022, 02:29:17 pm »
Bump.

This has been one of the more frustrating set backs. Iím ready to feel normal.