Author Topic: Who here had an exercise induced set back?  (Read 2618 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Who here had an exercise induced set back?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 04:39:45 pm »
$hit.  I just googled Actavis.  They were bought by Teva.  I will send you a PM.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 05:15:01 pm »
Omg..what is going on  :tickedoff:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 05:20:21 pm »
Don't Panic.  I just sent you a PM with options.  It will be ok.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 05:36:24 pm »
Thx Rancom!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 03:05:34 pm »
Following. For the past two months I've been working out, quite intense considering how bad my sxs are, and while I'm working out I immediately feel my sxs revving up. I don't know if I should stop, but I was getting very weak phisically and I have become stronger with the exercise. But if the price is going to be to never stabilize then it's not worth it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 03:58:01 pm »
Hi Janice,
I am confused about this too. I am usually revved up every morning when I wake up.  When I exercise , its crazy.  I do ot anyway  because of the pain. I  have to stretch, it helps.
 Then I do the strenthening and take short walks. Mentally it helps me. Lately though, I feel like the muscles are rebelling againt it. Its pissing me off. I am pretty sure I have sciatica
 Plus benzo muscles. I put something in my plog a while ago. It was by baylissa . They talk about how much is too much.
I Need to go back and read it myself. Lol. I forget what it says. It sucks. I dont now what to do anymore. If it is making you stronger that is good. Maybe just cut back on it. Love [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 04:48:26 pm »
All,

I set this thread as a "poll."  It is my opinion, 100% opinion nothing for which I have an iota of evidence, but it just makes sense to me, that this "uptick" from exercise is the reason exercise is good for healing.

I hold the belief, for which there IS a decent amount of evidence, that most of our issues are due to glutamate reception: too many receptors that open too easily that let to much current through.  When you exercise, you raise both serotonin and glutamate, both of which poke those receptors, and as valliumnomore pointed out, sometimes uncomfortably so.  On day that is bad enough to feel bad, but not so bad I will not exercise, when I exercise (just walk a mile or 2 and row on an ergometer for now), I can FEEL my back stiffen.  Then as I cool down and stretch it dissipates.

This is pure conjecture, this elevation in glutamate and serotonin will coax those glutamate receptors into submission.

That is my theory. 

If dozens of you popped up and gave me enough personal experience that you had a true set back, as in "I was at a baseline, and exercise made me worse."  I would rethink that theory.

So far, all due respect to [...], I have read nothing to dissuade me from my idea.

I am 99% certain [...] and [...] had other factors trigger their up tick in issues. 

[...], you and I need to PM about his.  I respect you and want to know more about your experience.

But I guess my point is, valliumnomore, "If I were you," I would keep training at a threshold that "just revs you a bit."  That is actually what I do, and what I intend to resume doing as soon as I am out of this wave.

[...] 

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 04:49:15 pm »
Hi Janice,
I am confused about this too. I am usually revved up every morning when I wake up.  When I exercise , its crazy.  I do ot anyway  because of the pain. I  have to stretch, it helps.
 Then I do the strenthening and take short walks. Mentally it helps me. Lately though, I feel like the muscles are rebelling againt it. Its pissing me off. I am pretty sure I have sciatica
 Plus benzo muscles. I put something in my plog a while ago. It was by baylissa . They talk about how much is too much.
I Need to go back and read it myself. Lol. I forget what it says. It sucks. I dont now what to do anymore. If it is making you stronger that is good. Maybe just cut back on it. Love [...]

Hi [...]!

I'm not spending much time in the LHSG lately. I think it's a withdrawal thing. I'm depressed and I just don't feel like writing there because I can't write anything that's not depressing, but I love the group and I love you. I'll take a look at your plog later on or tomorrow. You really don't know how to do anything right during this process, honestly. I'm going to scan some docs as my scanner is horrible, and later to the movies with my daughter. I hate it, but I have to go. I can't just park my life forever and this looks like it'll last forever so I might as well get used to it and pretend I don't have a glutamate storm in my head. Love, Janice.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 08:37:24 pm »
Oh Janice,
I am so sorry you are feeling that depressed. I have days I dont want to write either.  It must be a wd thing. I just jave no desire to communicate. We are going to get better. Its the wd sx that are making you feel hopeless. I cant even imagine how this will get better but everyone heals. It doesnt feel that way its so long and everyday us hell. I know some ppl have good days and maybe less sx. I have alot and so do you but that is not our fault.  Everyone is different. Read the benzo lies. You can do a search later or tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the movie and time with your daughter. Yoy are in a wave and it will end. Love you [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 10:20:54 pm »
All,

I set this thread as a "poll."  It is my opinion, 100% opinion nothing for which I have an iota of evidence, but it just makes sense to me, that this "uptick" from exercise is the reason exercise is good for healing.

I hold the belief, for which there IS a decent amount of evidence, that most of our issues are due to glutamate reception: too many receptors that open too easily that let to much current through.  When you exercise, you raise both serotonin and glutamate, both of which poke those receptors, and as valliumnomore pointed out, sometimes uncomfortably so.  On day that is bad enough to feel bad, but not so bad I will not exercise, when I exercise (just walk a mile or 2 and row on an ergometer for now), I can FEEL my back stiffen.  Then as I cool down and stretch it dissipates.

This is pure conjecture, this elevation in glutamate and serotonin will coax those glutamate receptors into submission.

That is my theory. 

If dozens of you popped up and gave me enough personal experience that you had a true set back, as in "I was at a baseline, and exercise made me worse."  I would rethink that theory.

So far, all due respect to [...], I have read nothing to dissuade me from my idea.

I am 99% certain [...] and [...] had other factors trigger their up tick in issues. 

[...], you and I need to PM about his.  I respect you and want to know more about your experience.

But I guess my point is, valliumnomore, "If I were you," I would keep training at a threshold that "just revs you a bit."  That is actually what I do, and what I intend to resume doing as soon as I am out of this wave.

[...]

Thanks rancom. My workouts Rev me up A LOT. Especially when I do leg work, every three days. I like your theory. Do we have any research to back it up? I guess there isn't, as is common with benzos, but again, I wish it was true.