Do these symptoms sound like benzo belly to you??

[ho...]

I’m 37 years old and about 14.5 months into healing and have started with some GI issues the past 2 months which I’m thinking is benzo belly? Has anyone has these symptoms to put me at ease?  Bloating more in the evening and also tenesmus? (The feeling that you need to have a bowel movement even tho you really don’t have to) It all subsides when I go to bed and the bloating picks back up in the evening and the tenesmus is stronger in the evening also. Subsides when sleeping so wondering if that tenesmus feeling may be internal hemorrhoids because I did have some constipation issues around when all of this began? That part has resolved. My health anxiety is especially high in withdrawal and just looking for a peace of mind 😊

(I did see a GI dr last week and I may do a SIBO test and sigmoidoscopy, but that’s more of my own worry even tho I don’t want it to make things worse. Dr thinks maybe IBS related being worse in withdrawal. It’s my anxiety about it driving it all)

Yes to some degree. Mine is a distended stomach which makes me look like I have a beer gut...its about 25 to 40% of the time...I am 8 months out, this in one symptom along with blurry eyes, obnoxious ringing in my ears, and some insomnia...

Could be, but I think I’d follow up in order to rule out any other issues if only for your peace of mind.

I’m just  scared to have a setback from the lactulose solution you drink for the SIBO test and the fleet enemas used for the sigmoidoscopy prep. Setbacks are my hugest fear so I also don’t went my anxiety to lead me to something unnecessary. Hopefully both preps are safe.

• 4 weeks later...

I had this symptom too feeling tenemus but not every days and had colon spasm and lower gas pain this symptom almost every day and after passing gas i feel a lot better.i think this call IBS because after acute wd or in wd our CNS being out of whack.

Hang in there  :thumbsup:

I had this symptom too feeling tenemus but not every days and had colon spasm and lower gas pain this symptom almost every day and after passing gas i feel a lot better.i think this call IBS because after acute wd or in wd our CNS being out of whack.

Hang in there  :thumbsup:

Thanks! I had the SIBO test which was negative and canceled the sigmoidoscopy because it’s all resolved and definitely seems to flare in a bad wave. Withdrawal, the gift that keeps on giving! Ugh