Having terrible pain can't cope

[Ri...]

I am supervising my finance's taper (liquid micro taper). She is now experiencing extreme intolerable pain, we are currently at 1.02 mg of Klonopin / day divided into 3 equal doses. We have been tapering at a rate of ~ 10% / month and over the last week or so she hit a wall. She refuses to take over the counter medication for pain (Tylenol , advil) .  She does not want to slow the taper down, I suggested we reduce by 5% / month. Are there any adjunct medications that can get her through the pain? She keeps talking about ending it, I am very concerned .

You advice to your fiancé is good Richard.  Try persuade her to slow down, hold.  Many here including myself have had to.  She does not have to suffer unnecessarily. 

I know of no adjunct medications.  Maybe something exists but I don't know of it. 

I take paracetamol with no problems. 

Kindest wishes to you fiancé. 

Dee

Hi, I reached my peak of pain (bedridden) at around 50% of my one year taper from 1mg ativan. At that point I held for one month or a little more and also took medication during one or two weeks because the pain was really excruciating. I got some relief and didn't notice any adverse effects. In relation to your girlfriend, there's no point in going faster than her healing rate. If she's getting worse and worse she could benefit from holding. I held a lot, more or less half of the time during my taper and because of that I didn't feel anything when I jumped.