Insomnia- how long before you sleep again?

[Wi...]

How long before your brain lets you sleep again? Insomnia, burning, pressure, muscle tightening just to name a few sx. I have my sons wedding Oct 2020 and I’m praying I’m healed enough for the plane ride which gives me anxiety.

I can tell you I was on Klonopin for about 14 years and did a slow taper over a year.  I have been benzo free for a year and my sleep is better but still has room for improvement.

I have very good days now provided I attend to bedtime routines which result in about 9 to 10 hours of sleep (according to my CPAP machine).

Here are some of my bedtime tools.  I have been taking extra Vitamin B6 with zinc at bed to help convert glutamate to GABA.  Also, I will take 1/4 of an aspirin and 1/4 of a advil (the combination seems to block the effects of glutamate and gives me some sleep).  Also, I take magnesium glycinate at bed and L'theanine and maybe chamomile tea.  Those are my tools to sleep.  A hot bath if get restless legs.

When I really want to sleep, I will use Benedryl (but only short term and it stops working for me after a week).