Feeling myself healing - no this is not a "window", it feels different.

[Cr...]

Hey guys,

I think I can actually feel myself healing!

I can stand normally now, without that akathisia-type feeling or feeling like I'm on a rocking boat. I hardly get any spasms anymore, and I can see properly and watch the TV. It's as if I'm waking up from a really bad nightmare.

Is this the point where your "benzo veil" lifts?

As I said it feels like a really good "window", but it feels, I dunno, better than a "window", if that makes any sense? :thumbsup:

Here's to healing!

Dave.  8)

Congratulations!  What a great experience.  :thumbsup:

Hope this continues.Thanks for sharing so that the rest of us can be encouraged for recovery.

Hi hohhot,

Thanks so much! I hope this continues!

Of course I will continue on with my taper (ah, no I'm not going to Cold Turkey and plummet into a lava pit encased in a medieval torture device), but this is a first for me. To actually feel as though I'm healing. I've felt so numb and I've been in psychological hell for so long, it feels blissful to almost feel myself again.

Dave.  8)

This is great. I hope u keep healing man!!!  We rejoice in seeing others heal and escaping this hell. I had akathia attack yesterday that lasted all day. With insane emotions and thoughts. Literally those thoughts are senseless and just plain crazy. Akathisia is a nightmare, if you can recover from that then I'm really happy for you. Take care.

This is great. I hope u keep healing man!!!  We rejoice in seeing others heal and escaping this hell. I had akathia attack yesterday that lasted all day. With insane emotions and thoughts. Literally those thoughts are senseless and just plain crazy. Akathisia is a nightmare, if you can recover from that then I'm really happy for you. Take care.

Hi Liberty30,

Ugh... akathisia is a friggin' nightmare. The impulse to constantly move is annoying as hell. I try my best to ignore the impulses. It's hard, but doable. Distractions, grounding and mindfulness techniques help me a lot.

Dave.  8)

I struggle to distract. I'm always thinking about my thoughts. Hyperaware. And I keep shaking involuntarily. And to make matters worse I have scary derealization. The complete nightmare package.