Interdose wd and rebound anxiety

[At...]

I’m currently on .35mg of Ativan. I take 3 even doses everyday and find that I start getting intense rebound anxiety a few hours each dose probably because it’s such a low dose and wears off quick? It usually lasts a few hours and starts to die down. When I try to take 2 doses I feel very sedated off the doses as if it’s very strong and have interdose wds. Any advice on what to do? Maybe dose 4 times a day, even though I’d really rather not. Is it best to take many small doses a day? Does this help by keeping peak blood levels lower some how and make coming off easier? I kind of keep bouncing around taking 2 doses and 3 doses a day to try and see which is better. You think if I stuck to one those symptoms might get better?

Hi AP

I’ve found that your body needs stability on the drug levels in your blood, and these drugs like ATIVAN are extremely powerful.  Changing doses or dose times can have a big effect on how you feel and can destabilize things and make you feel worse and worse.  I would recommend taking the same doses, the same exact time each day.  I take 3 equal doses a day and am doing pretty good.  It can take some of us a long time for things to settle and feel better if you feel symptoms, but I’ve found holding everything very stable for a period of time works.  Many others have found this true as well.

Just my thoughts

Bill

[40...]

Some years ago I wrote an excel sheet to model this stuff.  Two doses per day will see your blood level change by something like 1.9 times between doses (assuming a 12-hour half-life).  Three doses reduces the variances to around 1.49 times (between doses).  Four doses further reduces the variance to 1.36.  So the difference between 2 doses and 3 is pretty significant.  Going from three to four doesn't make as much difference. 

Depending on when and how you switch from 2 to 3 (or 4) doses a day, it can have a temporary effect on your blood level (up or down).  It should level off after about a day.