Author Topic: Interdose wd and rebound anxiety  (Read 85 times)

[Buddie]

Interdose wd and rebound anxiety
« on: November 16, 2019, 08:09:22 am »
Iím currently on .35mg of Ativan. I take 3 even doses everyday and find that I start getting intense rebound anxiety a few hours each dose probably because itís such a low dose and wears off quick? It usually lasts a few hours and starts to die down. When I try to take 2 doses I feel very sedated off the doses as if itís very strong and have interdose wds. Any advice on what to do? Maybe dose 4 times a day, even though Iíd really rather not. Is it best to take many small doses a day? Does this help by keeping peak blood levels lower some how and make coming off easier? I kind of keep bouncing around taking 2 doses and 3 doses a day to try and see which is better. You think if I stuck to one those symptoms might get better?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Interdose wd and rebound anxiety
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2019, 02:46:42 pm »
Hi [...]
Iíve found that your body needs stability on the drug levels in your blood, and these drugs like ATIVAN are extremely powerful.  Changing doses or dose times can have a big effect on how you feel and can destabilize things and make you feel worse and worse.  I would recommend taking the same doses, the same exact time each day.  I take 3 equal doses a day and am doing pretty good.  It can take some of us a long time for things to settle and feel better if you feel symptoms, but Iíve found holding everything very stable for a period of time works.  Many others have found this true as well.

Just my thoughts
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Interdose wd and rebound anxiety
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2019, 02:52:25 pm »
Some years ago I wrote an excel sheet to model this stuff.  Two doses per day will see your blood level change by something like 1.9 times between doses (assuming a 12-hour half-life).  Three doses reduces the variances to around 1.49 times (between doses).  Four doses further reduces the variance to 1.36.  So the difference between 2 doses and 3 is pretty significant.  Going from three to four doesn't make as much difference. 

Depending on when and how you switch from 2 to 3 (or 4) doses a day, it can have a temporary effect on your blood level (up or down).  It should level off after about a day.