Anxiety

[At...]

I’m very new to this. Made my first cuts from about 2 months of Ativan use these past couple of weeks and accidentally cut 30% from .5mg to .35mg. Does anxiety usually pick up after a cut and then get better after holding. I’ve been a complete mess seconds away from being hospitalized at times. Looking to stabilize and make daily micro cuts after this. In your experience does the anxiety pick up and then lessen after you hold for a bit?

Due to the short half-life of Ativan, you are more likely to sense symptoms quickly. 0.5mg Ativan is equivalent to 3.8-5mg of Valium. A cut of 0.5mg to 0.35mg is almost 50%- In my opinion and based on the experience of others posted here, that's way too much. Probably explains your severe symptoms.

If you could convert to Valium, the long lasting half-life may help. Flush free niacin and buffered vitamin C can help relieve some symptoms.  Good luck.

I started cutting because of sxs I started having. Didn’t mean to cut 30% whatsoever. Hoping things will start looking up for me. Does the anxiety typically start to lower after a cut?

Hi there,

Check out the Ativan support group (under “Support Groups”). It’s all people tapering from Ativan and they have great advice and information. Hope that helps.