.25ml xanax withdrawal

[Li...]

I’m Nicky! I’ve used Xanax .25mg as needed for two years, usually once or twice a week even going as long as a month or so without needing to use it. These past two months I’ve used .25mg 4-6 days a week by cutting a .5 pill in half. Now I am looking to taper. I was told I should use water to taper and pull out one ml a day for 90 days. I am concerned because I’ve really been taking the Xanax more like 4 - 5 days a week but it seems like if I want to taper I will need to start taking it the full 7 days a week? It’s causing me to have headaches and migraines. If I am getting headaches and migraines from taking it more and I am only on day 4 I fear what the next 86 days look like. Should I keep my 4-5 days a week and just lower my dosing via water taper? I’ve used my scale and cut the .5 pill in half and it’s physical weight is .065mg so that’s the weight I am using when I mix it with 100ml of water.  Derealization has been very frequent for me over this past week for some reason, I don't know if lowering my dose is to blame or not.

* I have spoke to 2 doctors who refuse to put me on Valium for this

*Also wanted to note that I was fine using X as needed but after my appendix surgery 6 weeks agoI started getting dizzy every day and depersonalization.

Cymbalta 30mg On and Off Between July 2018-May 2019

Cymbalta withdrawl May 2019-July 2019

Xanax as needed .25-.5mg 2-6 as needed since January 2018

Xanax used daily .25mg from June 2019-present

Xanax taper .25mg started November 2019 Liquid taper 100ml one ml per day.

Hi Nicky.

You might be having symptoms due to withdrawal on the days you’re not taking Xanax, just a guess. In your situation I probably would start taking it daily and begin tapering to a lower dose asap. I would try cutting the .25mg into fourths and tossing one of the fourths. Since you’ve been taking it fairly regularly for only two months. I wouldn’t stretch this out too long by doing water titration, personally. You’ll end up tapering longer than you were using it (regular use).

I’m going to move this to Taper Plans so you’ll get more opinions.

Challis  :smitten: