Ativan-I don't miss you after five weeks off!!!

[No...]

I just wanted to post a positive story of healing. I was scared to death to try and taper quickly--in fact, my doc was against it. I literally felt like I didn't have 10-12 months more to try and get off benzos. I checked myself into a local drug and alcohol center, begging them to wean me off. Well, they did it with Librium over the course of six days. At that point, I was on 1.5 mg Klonopin, which my doc had switched me to in July. The taper was easy. I felt absolutely withdrawal symptoms while at the hospital.

I have been benzo free for five weeks. I hated the medicine and myself every time I had to take one. For five weeks I have had some morning anxiety and definitely benzo brain. Last week, I kept putting the word "suitcase" in my sentences without explanation. I also just forget my train of thought in the middle of a story. I am on a beta blocker and Cogentin two times a day and Seroquel three times a day just to keep my mood stable. I'm also on Cymbalta.

I've been going on walks with friends, showering, and enjoying my life again. I still have setbacks, like today, for instance. I felt sad for no real reason. I took a three hour nap, which I was only able to do because my father is here keeping me company, God bless him.

While the way I went about getting off benzos was a lot like ripping off the band aid, I am glad I did it. I'm not suggesting anyone else do it like this, but it worked for me. Don't be afraid. Your journey is your journey. Don't read the horror stories and think it will be you. I did that and ended up getting all worked up, terrified of seizures and a coma. It doesn't have to be like that. Good luck!

Wow that’s a very encouraging story :) glad you are feeling so good 5 weeks off! I am 2 weeks off and feel pretty nutty still - anxiety and insomnia like I forgot how to sleep so strange! Hope I’m doing better in a few weeks. Thanks for sharing  :smitten: