irregular heart beat

[mi...]

Hi everyone,

I'm stressing out about this irregular heart beat symbol popping up on my at home BP machine. Ive gone to the cardiologist and thankfully my heart is perfectly fine after all the tests. I just don't understand why when I check it at home that symbol shows up, ill recheck it and usually it goes away. its really scaring me and stressing me out.

On a good note I haven't had one heart palpitation in about a week and a half knock on wood I was getting them everyday.

Hi everyone,

I'm stressing out about this irregular heart beat symbol popping up on my at home BP machine. Ive gone to the cardiologist and thankfully my heart is perfectly fine after all the tests. I just don't understand why when I check it at home that symbol shows up, ill recheck it and usually it goes away. its really scaring me and stressing me out.

On a good note I haven't had one heart palpitation in about a week and a half knock on wood I was getting them everyday.

MissBeach,

Please take comfort in your doctor's determination. Irregular heartbeats, especially infrequently (and sometimes even very frequently) can be and most of the time are benign. They're scary as hell and, when you are scared or concentrating on them, tend to happen more. Does it feel like a skipped beat? Often times these are PVCs and PACs. I'm going to follow up this post with a very good read on those that I hope you will save somewhere and read every time you have these events and get nervous about them.

To let you know, I've had some weeks in my battle to get off benzos that my PVCs/PACs were over 30% of my total beats for the time I wore a Holter monitor. Yes, they freak you out. A good sign with any of these is if you increase your heartbeat, they begin to diminish and then go away (until the heart rate starts to drop). The things I'm describing are caused by electrical firings in other areas of the heart, rather than just in the sinus node.

Hi everyone,

MissBeach,

Please take comfort in your doctor's determination. Irregular heartbeats, especially infrequently (and sometimes even very frequently) can and most of the time are benign. They're scary as hell and, when you are scared or concentrating on them, tend to happen more. Does it feel like a skipped beat? Often times these are PVCs and PACs. I'm going to follow up this post with a very good read on those that I hope you will save somewhere and read every time you have these events.

Thank you Benzo3

I didn't feel anything, just a little anxiety I just decided to take my blood pressure and the symbol showed up. When I had the heart palpitations it felt like a pause then THUMP. but thankfully those have gone away.

To let you know, I've had some weeks in my battle to get off benzos that my PVCs/PACs were over 30% of my total beats for the time I wore a Holter monitor. Yes, they freak you out. A good sign with any of these is if you increase your heartbeat, they begin to diminish and then go away (until the heart rate starts to drop). The things I'm describing are caused by electrical firings in other areas of the heart, rather than just in the sinus node.

Benzo3

WOW 30%?? im very sorry hopefully you're better now. My cardiologist didn't find any PVCs or PACs

Benzo3

WOW 30%?? im very sorry hopefully you're better now. My cardiologist didn't find any PVCs or PACs

Yes, they are much better. I still have them, have since age 29. The feeling that you describe is much like a PVC or PAC, as the sinus node can't fire it's normal signal when the heart has received a signal from another area to fire, so when it does the next beat, it is like an especially "loud" one. That said, sometimes you don't notice them at all but an electronic device might. That said, do the obvious and make sure the batteries are good and that it's working. Have someone else try it and see if detects irregular beats. If it doesn't, don't freak out. It's probably okay. If you are concerned, go back to your doctor. They may put a Holter on you if they think it is worth it, but many times they won't for the reasons provided in the link.

Benzo3

Yes, they are much better. I still have them, have since age 29. The feeling that you describe is much like a PVC or PAC, as the sinus node can't fire it's normal signal when the heart has received a signal from another area to fire, so when it does the next beat, it is like an especially "loud" one. That said, sometimes you don't notice them at all but an electronic device might. That said, do the obvious and make sure the batteries are good and that it's working. Have someone else try it and see if detects irregular beats. If it doesn't, don't freak out. It's probably okay. If you are concerned, go back to your doctor. They may put a Holter on you if they think it is worth it, but many times they won't for the reasons provided in the link.

Benzo3

Glad to hear that. I Haven't ever had PVCs or PACs until I made a huge cut in my dose. I may see my doctor once more because its been several months since ive seen the cardiologist things couldve changed.

thank you very much for all the info you were very helpful

Benzo3

Benzo3

Glad to hear that. I Haven't ever had PVCs or PACs until I made a huge cut in my dose. I may see my doctor once more because its been several months since ive seen the cardiologist things couldve changed.

thank you very much for all the info you were very helpful

Glad to help. Yes, they are common benzo w/d symptoms. Don't get to concerned over your heart though. It's very easy to do. Satisfy your mind, but trust the opinion(s).