Author Topic: NO window for a month. No ambition or motivation. Will this ever end?  (Read 352 times)

[Buddie]

I have been tapering for a year.  Down to one mg. At this point.  For about a month Iíve had no ambition, no motivation, nothing.  Itís really getting me down.  Iím feeling worse the lower I go.  Is this normal at this point?  Can anyone else relate?  Also have terrible burning in my legs. Would sure appreciate some help and/or encouragement.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:27:59 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Thank you one and all for all the answers I never got.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

I have been tapering for a year.  Down to one mg. At this point.  For about a month Iíve had no ambition, no motivation, nothing.  Itís really getting me down.  Iím feeling worse the lower I go.  Is this normal at this point?  Can anyone else relate?  Also have terrible burning in my legs. Would sure appreciate some help and/or encouragement.

I definitely felt worse going lower and lower in my dose. K have noticed symptoms coming and going though. I believe it will pass eventually, just don't know when. Just like everything we experience, comes and goes or may hang around for a bit. Keep going, eventyit will even out.

[Buddie]

You seem to have this persecution complex which is really unhealthy. Not all threads get answered because shit happens. It's nothing personal, we don't know you.

If I had to guess why there was no answer to this thread, I'd suggest it's because you're asking a very generic question that is easily answered by just reading the forums. Of course it's normal to have these types of negative feelings during a taper, everybody is going through this type of stuff. There's no single version of what is a normal taper. It's normal to feel crappy in various different ways including what you listed and plenty more.

What you really seem to be seeking can probably best be found in the support groups subforum. Why don't you take a look for a group that applies to you and say hello? When I check this forum and see your posts, they are always negative/complaining/insulting. I would not be surprised if some users just skip over your posts to focus on helping someone who is more polite and appreciative. Not me, because I'm here trying to make helpful suggestions. Find an active thread that suits you in the support group section and introduce yourself and ask some questions there. Get to know people a bit.

[Buddie]

I'm down pretty low in my taper and things are definitely getting harder! I have the want to do things bit I'm suffering from extreme fatigue and POTS symptoms so it takes a huge physical toll on me. I'm pretty sure things get harder for most the lower they go

[Buddie]

Hey [...],

Just want to say something. Usually I'm not one to defend another person as I view that as insulting for various reasons. Nevertheless, I do believe this is a good opportunity to "look at the bigger picture" and to not just put yourself in his or her "shoes" but in "everyone's shoes."

First, he may be able to look something up, but if you have experienced withdrawals, then you would know that looking something up is hard due to cognitive impairment, blurry vision, migraine headaches, flu-like symptoms, etc. His or her asking is merely a plea for help because I'm sure he or she would have done so if not symptomatic with withdrawals. I know this because that's how I was not long ago and maybe will be again in the near future.

Second, withdrawal causes dysthymia, sometimes the affective impact causes suicide. Emotional control is difficult, as there is no picking one's self up by the bootstrap, at least not all the time. And given that OP stated a prolonged period of withdrawal, I can only imagine how emotionally draining that is and how it could make someone grumpy. The benefit of the doubt should be given that if someone in withdrawal behaves negatively, then that person would not do so when healthy and drug free.

Third, OP appears to have "bumped up" the thread/question in a humorous way (in my opinion), and bumping up the thread is always better than reposting the same question. It appears that OP still has that question on the mind.

Last, I'm saying that we all should be as compassionate as possible for those suffering, because if we can't be compassionate, able to empathize or sympathize, then who else will?

I just wanted to say this so you can see it from a different angle.

Peace ✌️

You seem to have this persecution complex which is really unhealthy. Not all threads get answered because shit happens. It's nothing personal, we don't know you.

If I had to guess why there was no answer to this thread, I'd suggest it's because you're asking a very generic question that is easily answered by just reading the forums. Of course it's normal to have these types of negative feelings during a taper, everybody is going through this type of stuff. There's no single version of what is a normal taper. It's normal to feel crappy in various different ways including what you listed and plenty more.

What you really seem to be seeking can probably best be found in the support groups subforum. Why don't you take a look for a group that applies to you and say hello? When I check this forum and see your posts, they are always negative/complaining/insulting. I would not be surprised if some users just skip over your posts to focus on helping someone who is more polite and appreciative. Not me, because I'm here trying to make helpful suggestions. Find an active thread that suits you in the support group section and introduce yourself and ask some questions there. Get to know people a bit.

[Buddie]

Are you being treated or supervised by a doctor? It appears that this has been a struggle for many months, many months of making no headway.

My advice to you is to consult a physician about switching to diazepam because Clonazepam is not working for you. You could also try micro-tapering by dividing the cuts by 1/2 or 1/3. This will prolong your taper, however. The other alternative, with a doctor's supervision, is to use an adjunct medication. I personally have used Gabapentin with some success in getting myself over those stubborn humps where the withdrawals become unbearable.

Also, as a principle to follow, once you go down in your dose, never go back up unless the withdrawals are so bad that you fear permanent damage, e.g., heart attach, seizure, etc.

Your taper seems exceptionally long because of not being able to go down any further in your dose. You need to do something different because from my experience, with your going back up, it won't be any different when you go down again. You will most likely suffer the same withdrawal symptoms. You'll have to decide whether you can tolerate that or come up with a different plan of attack so you can proceed in your taper.

Wishing you the very best and a successful taper,
Health

[Buddie]

Hey [...],

Just want to say something. Usually I'm not one to defend another person as I view that as insulting for various reasons. Nevertheless, I do believe this is a good opportunity to "look at the bigger picture" and to not just put yourself in his or her "shoes" but in "everyone's shoes."

First, he may be able to look something up, but if you have experienced withdrawals, then you would know that looking something up is hard due to cognitive impairment, blurry vision, migraine headaches, flu-like symptoms, etc. His or her asking is merely a plea for help because I'm sure he or she would have done so if not symptomatic with withdrawals. I know this because that's how I was not long ago and maybe will be again in the near future.

Second, withdrawal causes dysthymia, sometimes the affective impact causes suicide. Emotional control is difficult, as there is no picking one's self up by the bootstrap, at least not all the time. And given that OP stated a prolonged period of withdrawal, I can only imagine how emotionally draining that is and how it could make someone grumpy. The benefit of the doubt should be given that if someone in withdrawal behaves negatively, then that person would not do so when healthy and drug free.

Third, OP appears to have "bumped up" the thread/question in a humorous way (in my opinion), and bumping up the thread is always better than reposting the same question. It appears that OP still has that question on the mind.

Last, I'm saying that we all should be as compassionate as possible for those suffering, because if we can't be compassionate, able to empathize or sympathize, then who else will?

I just wanted to say this so you can see it from a different angle.

Peace ✌️

Hey, I appreciate where you're coming from. My response may appear out of line until you understand that this is one post of several by the same poster on this same theme. He started a thread just recently criticising people for viewing his threads and not responding. I've been here long enough to recognise the usernames, but I can never really remember who is who. Apart from this guy, who is distinctive as being the guy who complains all the time.

Maybe my response still looks out of line even given the context. It's really difficult to know how to pitch it. I really don't want to cause more upset which makes it difficult to be too critical. The thing is, this guy previously started a thread which was very critical of people who read posts and don't respond. In that thread, he received thoughtful responses about why that might be and practical suggestions on how to get more support. If I was of a similar nature, I might be offended that I spent the time to make some suggestions in that thread so that he has more chance of getting some support but they weren't even acknowledged and he just carries on in the same vein. I'm not offended but it is frustrating. It makes me less inclined to give the benefit of the doubt.

This subforum has more comings and goings. It's largely people dropping in with specific issues, perhaps making a few other posts when they check back. But it's people coming and going more than being a cohesive community. So I suggested (as I have repeated in this thread) that he takes a look at the support groups subforum. The expectations that he has of this forum are much more likely to be met there.

I genuinely feel like a bit of a dick being so harsh... but this guy will continue to be disappointed if he keeps doing the same thing over and over again. For his own good, he needs to move on and try a different tact... not raking up a post from half a year ago. I really don't think it was intended as humorous, by the way. I still think it was right of me to be a bit firmer but I'm not gonna lie, it doesn't sit right.

I totally understand how it reads and I really hope that OP can accept my apology if there are any hurt feelings. But I also hope that he'll listen to some of the advice.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 07:01:16 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

Hey [...],

Yeah. I understand. I see where you are coming from and why you said what you did. I'm not trying to criticize anyone. I suppose I just wanted to affirm the idea that people's personalities, while going through withdrawal, are not how the personality is normally. At least, for myself, I hope so because I feel as if I'm a completely different person. If I were clean and free of withdrawals at this very moment, it wouldn't be soon enough. Unfortunately.

Also, as an aside, I hope I'll once again be the person I was before this all happened. Scars are permanent, however, so I suppose the support we can give each other is a blessing considering the damage we've suffered.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to making this post.  :)

Wishing you the very best,
Health

[Buddie]

Hi Health,

Oh yeah, I totally get it. I've been that snappy, impatient, irritable person. I've not only behaved like the whole world is against me or
even just felt like it, I genuinely thought it when I was at my worst. Horrible psychotic symptoms triggered by a few things that genuinely did align against me. There's one person in my life who can't quite grasp the all consuming nature of benzo withdrawal and sees this as a personality shift. It's not great at all. The effect is exaggerated because I reveal even less of myself to this person than other people, because I view them as a health hazard.

The other important people in my life have seen me bounce back and they understand that it certainly wasn't me in the past... they can also see that it's true that I am sometimes not always myself now, to a lesser degree, and they give me the right amount of latitude. However, sometimes they give it to me straight and that's what I need. If I'm ranting about the same thing over and over again, ignoring the normal social cues to change the subject, ignoring the uncomfortable or even bored looks... then it can be helpful for them to tell me I need to get over it. If they tried to help me and I'm still bothered, if I got it off my chest umpteen times and I'm still bothered... sometimes the correct response is SNAP OUT OF IT. Works for me anyway. I guess I was trying a version of that.