Panic

[Dr...]

Hi guys I'm Dragon., today is a crazy day I can't get calm, I'm tempted to eat all my prn Xanax just to be calm.. obviously it won't help and then I'd be out. I just am at a loss... I'm new to this town no friends, it's rainy and cold, 1 car is broke down... am I driving my own self crazy? I can't wait until next week I'm going to spill my guts, no secrets, that Dr is gonna think I'm crazy, but really I'm desperate. ok I'm venting so thank you for listening/reading. I hope all is well.

I do not know what you have tapered down to or did you taper at all?

I'm tapering Valium by dissolving 5 mg in 300 milliliters of water.  I take out a milliliter a day and every THREE days I hold for two days.  That's 8% taper. It's slow but it will calm down your Symptoms. If it doesn't then hold every TWO days instead. 

I don't know anything about the meds you are on but read it's harder to wean off.  Best to Taper slow.  You can also get liquid taper subscribed by doctor that the pharmacy will fill for you and then you get a syringe at Amazon ..10 milliliter.  And use that to take out the amount of liquid or I think the Pharmacy has something if you buy the liquid from them.  They have it for Valium, I'm not sure about the benzo you are on.  You can call the pharmacy and ask.

In the meantime (IMHO). I take Inositol with Niacinamide capsules.  Just once a day.  And I know Magnesium helps calm me too.  Not Calcium though.  Just Magnesium calms me.  And I use a heat pad on the core of my body, that also helps.  I don't know why though.  And thinking positive thoughts (CBT) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Mindfulness.......helps and breathing.  I breathe in nostrils, hold for 10 seconds, let out for long and slow as I can with MOUTH open and hold again for 10 seconds or less.  I do that when I hyperventilate and get scared, heart palps ...nervousness....you know.  It does help.

Don't think of what is wrong, speak out what is right and believe it, think on only that till this thing passes, even if it takes a long time.  Only watch tv or music that encourages you and lifts you up.  Avoid all stressors and Negative stuff as much as possible.

You are loved in here......we will help you as much as we can but you got to check out ASHTON METHOD.  Professor Heather Ashton's site.  She's passed away now but she has good information that will help if you are calm enough to read it.  It's on here ON BenzoBuddies.  Look for the information in BOLD, you'll find all the helps and advice better than I can give you.

Hang in there.  We're here for you.

:hug:

How could a doctor prescribe both xanax and klonopin at the same time?  That’s just terrible medical practice and heck for you to have to get off of.  I assume you probably have panic disorder? That’s what I was put on klonopin for eons ago and am now doing a taper.  The first one that’s been successful so far. 

The best thing for panic is learning CBT.  It saved my life from panic disorder.  Please go to Recoveryinternational.org and see about attending meetings.  If there are none near you, then you are stuck with onlline meetings.  No one will see you.  You see the leader and information on the screen.  Look over their webiste but I think if you give your all, you will be able to handle and then get rid of panic. 

yes GAD and Panic disorder.... thank you so much for the suggestions... I took a hot bath it helped distract for a nice small break.

Keep distracting in every way that you can. The physical and psychological symptoms will flood back, battle them with another distraction as best you can.

Hang in there.