Author Topic: Do holds really help?  (Read 248 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Do holds really help?
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 11:29:32 pm »
There is nothing wrong with holding, keep in mind that when you do make a cut and hold blood levels will continue to decrease for probably 7 to 14 days with the majority happening in the first week, so it's not like you're giving up or slowing progress down by holding for a bit. Your body is actually still cutting but at a slower rate. I'm so impatient I want to keep cutting but slow this time has been extremely beneficial for me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 02:35:21 am »
I'm holding at the moment. This is my longest hold yet.  I can relate to being snappy and having little patience. I also sometimes have derealization symptoms. My job requires a lot of public speaking, and my anxiety goes through the roof. I'm taking it super slow, I think a hold is okay as long as you don't increase. However, everyone has different life circumstances and some may be able to hold, some may updose, and then I'm sure there are some people that have to keep it moving. It's such an individual process. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 09:36:06 am »
Yes it helped me to hold, and I am glad I did, having two tapers that I went all the way to 0, and crashed and close to having a stroke times 2, well, I finally learned my lesson. I never felt that I could not resume my taper, I knew that it was just going to take a long time and I accepted that. Your rate of taper may be catching up with you, the Brain needs lots of time to adjust to cuts. Stay Strong, and think about what you want...to get off fast and crash and burn, or a slower taper that allows you to function. Everyone is different, but I felt healing all the way down. Stay Strong, and be true to yourself. You can do this, but may need to go back to drawing board. 💖Peace and Healing.

[...], how long did you hold between your second reinstatement and your third taper may I ask?
I think it was almost a year, I just wasn't sure I ever wanted to go through a bad taper again, so the need to try one more time, kept coming up and I decided to to it a different way and do it one more time forever, it was going to be this time or never. :smitten:

Thank you [...]. It took you a whole year to stabilize or how many months did it take? Sorry for all the questions. This is the last one, I promise. At least in this thread!

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2019, 10:44:22 am »
Yes it helped me to hold, and I am glad I did, having two tapers that I went all the way to 0, and crashed and close to having a stroke times 2, well, I finally learned my lesson. I never felt that I could not resume my taper, I knew that it was just going to take a long time and I accepted that. Your rate of taper may be catching up with you, the Brain needs lots of time to adjust to cuts. Stay Strong, and think about what you want...to get off fast and crash and burn, or a slower taper that allows you to function. Everyone is different, but I felt healing all the way down. Stay Strong, and be true to yourself. You can do this, but may need to go back to drawing board. 💖Peace and Healing.

[...], how long did you hold between your second reinstatement and your third taper may I ask?
I think it was almost a year, I just wasn't sure I ever wanted to go through a bad taper again, so the need to try one more time, kept coming up and I decided to to it a different way and do it one more time forever, it was going to be this time or never. :smitten:

Thank you [...]. It took you a whole year to stabilize or how many months did it take? Sorry for all the questions. This is the last one, I promise. At least in this thread!
9-12??  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2019, 11:00:16 am »
[...] thank you so much. I'll hold a year if needed. Our history is very similar as I came off in the past, first CT, no issues, then a taper, no issues, then this taper, hell on earth. Thanks for caring. I see you're not getting much slept. It's 12 pm here right now so soon you can have lunch  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 11:05:09 am »
[...] thank you so much. I'll hold a year if needed. Our history is very similar as I came off in the past, first CT, no issues, then a taper, no issues, then this taper, hell on earth. Thanks for caring. I see you're not getting much slept. It's 12 pm here right now so soon you can have lunch  :smitten:
It is 5am here, I average 4hrs sleep a night, but I do not dwell on it, I feel rested and am thankful for what I get, I had to learn to think differently and not get bogged down with things, for me it has been a Godsend. :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2019, 11:10:38 am »
It's true [...]. I'm getting 5/6 hours and have to work and all but after two months of 0/2 hour nights, I'll take this without complaining!