Klonopin to Xanax

[Dr...]

I'm sorry if I am repetitive as I am just learning how to use the boards. I have a month of Klonopin script left, if I can't find a Dr my only other resource is Xanax access, but will it cause more harm, what do I do when I'm out, this fear is creeping up on me very fast. I am seeking a Dr, GP, psychiatrist whatever, but currently no luck. thank you for your time and I apologize if I am posting this on the wrong spot.

• 2 weeks later...

Prevailing advice is generally to not move from longer half-life to shorter half-life, but the other way around (Xanax to clonazepam).

I know the previous post is scary, but you really do need to be mindful of potential seizures if you have moved from 160 mg valium equivalents to 30 or even 60 mg valium equivalents.

Yes I agree. I hope you can see one of those doctors who can help you out. It’s really a tragedy that doctors do this to unknowingly patients. Shameful. I know it may seem very bad right now, but trust me, things get better. I’d personally like a word or two with your health care professionals. >:(

Ashton puts the equivalency at 20 mg V to 1 mg K and X (based upon anecdotal evidence and around anxiety). However, some put it at 10 to 1 for each. If you happen to be that person that can tolerate 10 to 1, you might stabilize. This would be the best of situations for you. You will need to give the valium/diazepam some time to build up in your system.