Lions Mane

[Fi...]

Anybody here ever heard of or try a supplement called Lion's Mane? It's supposed to help the Vagus nerve. I have Vagus nerve damage which affects my breathing and GI and I read this supplement is helpful. (This Vagus nerve stuff is how I ended up on Benzos in the first place). I'm in a terrible wave right now and scare to try anything new, especially since our Vagus nerve is affected by Benzos and by taper. By chance anybody try this in taper?

hello!!

I am a registered dietitian :) although theres not actual evidence on efficacy of adaptogens I have tried some muself and Also done some research. i can give you a few tipa from my experience:

• adaptogens are just that. They adapt to your bodys need and help you regulate whay you need the most

• you can find info and a book in yhe channel: notropics expert. There is also a good website called: examine.com you can find clinica studies on different adaptofebs.

• adaptofens, even though seem lole a “natural” supplement are realllly strong. Some of them behave like Lorazepam or other SSRIs. I teied them while on medication without knowing and ended up in withdrawl because the adaptogen was lowering my dosage so mich

• everybody reacts different to adaptogens. Our bodies are very stressed and aensitice suring withdrawal so I am

Not aure if thia would be a good time for that. But aomething you can reaearch more later for aure

• I wish you the beat luck and let me know how it goes? Sorry for my weitting, my lifht awnsiticity is ao vad that I can see the axreen well

Can I ask how they diagnosed your Vagus nerve damage and where it is damaged etc.

It was diagnosed by exclusion from a bunch of GI testing. It is supposedly from a virus.

I've always wondered about this supplement. I have some, took it, and didn't notice anything. I think I gave it a couple of weeks. I'm starting to think that if a supplement is going to do anything, you have to take enough of it and you have to take it for a really long time.