Benzo free since April 15th 2015

[Va...]

I have been in total

- 1.671 days

- 238,71 weeks

- 54,87 months

- or 4,57 years

without Benzos after some time tapering and than jumped.

I used a staggering amount of 10 tablets a day for many years due to a severe pain syndrome caused by a serious car accident which made me unable to work. It's here in the Netherlands that you cannot sue someone for that and get millions to compensate it ... But anyhow, by the grace of God I succeeded it and stopped using Benzo. I can use all my brain functions again, maining my thinking is clear as it once was.

Now and than I get some windows to go through but over all it's far lesser and lesser and shorter than when I started to stop using it.

This might help you to gain mental power to go through the hard times...

Every day I registered all the symptoms that occurred that day and wrote it down in an Excel sheet using 1's and 0's

Each type of symptome was monitored: if it occurred I stated a 1 each hour that passes while a particular symptome was noticeable.

I wrote down the temperature outside and inside the house (weather conditions), my hartbeatings and temperature. All that in a scientific way.

After some time your can see the smallest changes. It was not a matter of just feeling but showing the facts, shown by figures and graphics. It helped me to go on and be strong as I had the proof that what I was doing and enduring it was the best I could do for myself! I have never longed for benzos after I stopped with it.

Ounce in a while some symptomes comes back, but for a short time and in between the time goes on that you wont notice anything odd.

At this time I have once in a while a very stiff neck and right arm and high blood pressure, but after a few weeks it's gone again for a long period (months and months!). You get used to it. I sleep normal, for about 6-8 hours and if I feel sleepy during the day or evening I take an hour to close my eyes, asking my wife to be sure to wake me up in time. Just emagine, in the beginning I only slept for about 2 hours during the night. And there a no more feelings of anxiety. When it was there I prayed or just turned the radio on with some nice music...

But whatever you do to stay off from the benzo's you can do it! It will take some time but it is in you own benefit to go on and to make yourself sure that there is not even 1 single tablet in your house of wherever of benzo! Don't make the mistake to take just one once in a while. you stopped and than it is the rule not to touch it anymore! I know you can do it because I did it too!

Keep on going the right way and with Gods help and your beloved ones you can manage it!

Good luck and God bless you alle!

VanNelle

The Netherlands!

Thank you!

Did you have a lot of tight muscles from the accident that you were put on Benzos for.

Did you have extreme muscle tightness, spasm and contracture through whole back, neck, jaw etc in withdrawal.

I was on Benzos for 20 years for spinal injury and surgery and severe tightness in whole back and neck and WD is unbearable hell. No position is bearable. Can’t find any position to lie in or sit in that I can bear and still re-tapering atm.