Hello, trying to titrate from 2 mg Klonopin and new here

[cl...]

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad I found out that klonopin is addictive as it is.  I have been on 2 mg for about 2 years.  I would like to try to tritate to get off my medication because I have depression and I'm worried about triggering something.

I originally was given klonopin because my doctor wanted me to stop smoking pot.  I also, at the time, had seemed to have developed agoraphobia.  But now I am more agoraphobic than I was before, so I think it stopped working.  I also feel quite depressed at times.

Can someone here help me figure out how to reduce my dosage of 2 mg on klonopin?  I also take prozac, but I don't feel the same addictive, horrible feeling with prozac, it just keeps me from falling into a deep depression.

As far as I understand, I dissolve the klonipin in milk, 100 ml.  Then I might split it into 4 doses throughout the day.  But I don't know how much to remove each day, or what the timeline will look like.  Also, how much liquid do I dilute the concentrate with into my daily doses? I'm not good with the math and I'm worried about messing up.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.  I wish I had never been put on this longterm!

:smitten:

Hello everyone,

I'm so glad I found out that klonopin is addictive as it is.  I have been on 2 mg for about 2 years.  I would like to try to tritate to get off my medication because I have depression and I'm worried about triggering something.

I originally was given klonopin because my doctor wanted me to stop smoking pot.  I also, at the time, had seemed to have developed agoraphobia.  But now I am more agoraphobic than I was before, so I think it stopped working.  I also feel quite depressed at times.

Can someone here help me figure out how to reduce my dosage of 2 mg on klonopin?  I also take prozac, but I don't feel the same addictive, horrible feeling with prozac, it just keeps me from falling into a deep depression.

As far as I understand, I dissolve the klonipin in milk, 100 ml.  Then I might split it into 4 doses throughout the day.  But I don't know how much to remove each day, or what the timeline will look like.  Also, how much liquid do I dilute the concentrate with into my daily doses? I'm not good with the math and I'm worried about messing up.

Thank you so much in advance for your help.  I wish I had never been put on this longterm!

:smitten:

The recommended start point is 5 -10% reduction every 14 days. I you are taking 2mg of klonopin 10% is .20mg. or .015mg per day. To make it easy I would take 1 - 1mg tablet per day (divided however) then put the other 1mg into the 100ml milk. Then reduce `1ml per day from the milk solution. If symptoms become intolerable then lessen the amount you reduce everyday or just reduce 1ml every other day.

That's so smart, taking one pill and doing the titration from the other pill first.  Thank you for your advice.  Im waiting for my materials i ordered.  Do I need a scale for anything?

When I started my taper, I thought I would have to have the entire thing planned out in advance, but this isn't true at all. I've done both pill cutting and liquid titration over the course of my taper (been at it for almost 3 months but I had to hold for a month due to a stressful project).

I used milk to get from 1mg down to 0.75mg K and now I'm going to start another phase using vodka. There is no one right method, just what works for you, and you can change your mind along the way.

I am however determined not to ever go backwards, and that requires some self-confidence. So far I've managed fairly well. Good luck to you!