are we healing during taper??

[Ha...]

just curious , if any healing is going on ( GABA etc)  ,as I've gone 511 days now from 1.5 mg's of Klonopin, to approx 0.3, least

I hope there is,  but I guess a taper itself can be seen as healing, as in time it , itself will end, setting the stage for

the true healing , post benzo.....

[42...]
I asked my neurologist this question. He said that tapering stops excess glutamate release and therefore prevents further damage. He doesn't believe that healing as such happens while we taper as the presence of a benzo is still disabling the receptors, i wrote his whole theory on a thread here a few weeks ago, i think it was called The Science of Waves, lot of discussion there, sorry i can't find the link! Hope you're doing ok today.

thanks Southern Star for that, yeah pretty well what I thought, actually I've been doing quite poor , not just lately, but since Dec 2017,  the , now 513 days of my crude water taper, have been harrowing, with complete loss of quality of life, ( Agoraphobia due to brutal, constant physical symptoms, )  but I'm down to approx 0.3 mg's of Klonopin from my original start of 1.5 mg's  , trying to keep positive, but it feels like I'm dying everyday ,

I asked my neurologist this question. He said that tapering stops excess glutamate release and therefore prevents further damage. He doesn't believe that healing as such happens while we taper as the presence of a benzo is still disabling the receptors, i wrote his whole theory on a thread here a few weeks ago, i think it was called The Science of Waves, lot of discussion there, sorry i can't find the link! Hope you're doing ok today.

Here you are SS....

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=231959.msg2977094#msg2977094