Author Topic: Milligram Scale Taper report  (Read 170 times)

[Buddie]

Milligram Scale Taper report
« on: November 10, 2019, 10:32:27 pm »
HISTORY. At the time I started using Milligram Scale I was taking 0.5 mg Klonopin and 100 mg Gabapentin. Originally I was on 1 mg Klonopin. My signature shows original taper stages.

I posted this in Introduction forum but someone recommended I post it here. I would appreciate any feedback and I am more than happy to help others. Here it is:

SEPTEMBER 2019. With a help of someone online I decided to try tapering with MicroScale. I bought it on Amazon. At first I was sceptical but tried anyway. So far it's been working great. In less than 2 months I reduced my dose from 0.5 mg to approx 0.35 mg (from 100% to 70%). I was reducing per Ashton Manual at around 5+% every two weeks. Now I am just reducing daily at 1-2%. I have great flexibility because I can cut as much as I want.

Here is YouTube video that used as a guide to purchasing and using the scale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkY1pU0ZOXE

I must mention that when I started tapering I also made a lot of changes:
1. I changed my diet. I have to drive a lot just to buy food I like but it is worth it
2. I got rid of my addictions, basically replacing then with something positive
3. I am going to the gym DAILY now, started 3 weeks ago
4. I try to keep my head clear, stay positive
5. I try to set short- and long-term goals
6. I am still working on going to bed on time...

Let me know what you guys think.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Milligram Scale Taper report
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 05:38:05 pm »
I'm glad to hear you're making such great progress, and thanks for this post, I actually referred another member to it.  I hope you're still doing well, I like the changes you've made to your life too, they'll be of great benefit you I'm sure.   :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Milligram Scale Taper report
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 05:20:56 pm »
Hi

I am the person who [...] referred to your milligram scale taper method. I ordered the scale on amazon yesterday and am eager to continue my taper with it. I have been on .5mg of klonopin as needed for panic attacks since August and of course it went from no more than 3x a week to 5x a week and muscling through the couple of off days. I was on Valium for 15 years until I tapered off in February- October of 2018. I should have not started with the klonopin as I knew better when my psychiatrist prescribed it but I was in such a dark place that I took the scrip and then it snow balled as it does with benzodiazepines. Last week I realized that I had taken .5mg every day for at least 2 weeks and woke up to the fact that I had fallen back into physical dependence again. I am so upset with myself. The 9 months Valium taper was the worst thing I have ever been through and I think I tapered way too fast as my protracted withdrawal was incapacitating. As of last Friday I have been quartering my 1mg tabs so that I have only been taking roughly .25mg but I dont know how to reduce further as I only have a prescription for 1mg tabs and no doctor to help me taper. I watched your video and am hoping that I will be able to do a slow taper with these 45 1mg klonopin tabs that I have. In your experience, What is a good schedule for me to slow taper from .25mg to zero? 

[...] thank you for this reference and thank you in advance for your help!