Fall asleep and

[De...]

Hi everyone,

I have this sx. It is kind od scary. When i am reading i fall off to sleep. Its like im akake and out cold. Then i jump up shaking all over. Then sick to my stomach and my head feels dizzy. It happrns with naps too. It jusy happened and i felt like i was going to die. Does anyone else get this? It scares the crap out of me . Thx

Hey Dehytq2,

Don't be afraid. I had this for quite sometimes. It's just adrenaline surges and your body having mini types of panoc attacks. It will calm down and ease with time. Try to sleep with ear buds in to quiet noise around you or have on soothing music. It'll help a ton.

Hi DD

I have had something similar all the way so far in my taper.  At first it was very bad, but now I can sleep ok at night.  But, I still don’t dare take a day nap, or nod off or I will wake up in a panic, feeling just awful for a long time after.  It seems very common, but we will all recover to better times ahead.  Just takes time, it is very gradually improving.

Take care,

Bill

I don't understand in 2017 .5 mg Klon put me to sleep all night, (I slowly tapered off in 2018

Now I'm nearly on 1.5 mg and  can't sleep, very restless.  Could that be tolerance already or just being anxious?

Thanks,  :smitten:

I had that the first 2 years after coming off. I found out that when I just let myself "fall" into this feeling instead of panic, it goes away quickly.

Its totally gone now. Deep breathing before bed time helped also.

Hang in there!