Xanax taper...how on earth do u do it???

[ci...]

Hey folks!

Have read many success stories from folks in here who have done a direct X taper...which is what I would LOVE to do (I'm at around 4 mgs/day--since May 2018....so not too long of a user but long enough!!

Anyhoo, how do u manage the EVENINGS---going to bed and attempting to sleep WITHOUT sneaking a dosing of Xanax to hold off those interpose WD'S??..I go to bed early (8 pm)..by about 2 am, I'm craving..and of course, gotta take..:/...then same happens about 5 am or so..

How does one manage those NIGHTS??? arghhhhhhhh!

During the day, I can keep away from xanax for many hours (not think of it)..but evening comes, whole new ball game..:(

Any enlightenments from the Xanax sages out there would be much appreciated...:)

Warm hugs,

Lindy

Xanax user since May 2018....dosage slowly creeping up...now at about 4 mg/day..

cinnabar:

During the day, I can keep away from xanax for many hours

That's only fostering interdose w/d imo. You "save" all your cravings for nighttime. You say you take (about) 4 mgs a day. If it were me, I would space those 4 mgs out and take 1 mg every 4-6 hours or so. As much as it's possible with xanax (I took it for many years) you want an even blood level.

Given that you don't want to start tapering until January, I'd concentrate on taking the xanax on a regular basis, feeling as good as you can feel, then study the Ashton Manual and start tapering.

There is a xanax group on here. You might want to look into that for support and advice.

:smitten:

Katz

Hi Oregon!

Thank you kindly for ur very informative reply....I never even thought of spacing out my doses...I guess I got lazy with my dosing and did much of it in the day (trying to be functional)..then at night...oh boy...I thought "Ok, maybe I can sleep for a good 6 hrs"...no such luck..:/.....I will def take ur kind reply to heart...actually, very common sense..:):) :clap: :clap:

I have yet, in my 61 yrs here on this earth to acquire some...maybe I've been living out here in Cali. wayyyy too long!!

Gonna just get "thru the holidays" dosing as I need to, then post-Dec, time for this ole gal to buckle her seatbelt and enjoy the ride.... :o :o

Have a nice rest of the weekend, Oregon:)

Lindy

(ancient  8)dinosaur at-large)