Anxiety after exposure therapy

[...]

I ran 1 errand today with my husband and I’ve been home for 5.5 hours and i still feel raved up and overstimulated. I can’t keep going like this. I’ve been home bound since Halloween. Decided to go 1 pace, I didn’t even get out of the car. Was away from ,y home for 35 mins. Is this just an extreme form of anxiety? I didn’t feel anxious while out, it happens when I get home. This “wd” is getting worse and worse. I can’t think straight, can’t concnetrate, feel like I’m loosing my mind. On days I don’t go any where I’m still like this to a point. I can’t be around people, my brain feels heavy and full 24/7, it’s getting tiring living like this daily. I’m at a breaking point...what should I do? Being out the small amount today I won’t be able to sleep tonight, I feel like a bus hit me. If I took a benzo I bet it would all go away. That tells me it’s snxiety. So all the people here that are Anti med you all continue to function like this with no meds? I can mediate and breath, correct diet all day and nothing is working. I also can’t be out of my room as even being in my living room is too stimulating leaving my brain feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.

I ran 1 errand today with my husband and I’ve been home for 5.5 hours and i still feel raved up and overstimulated. I can’t keep going like this. I’ve been home bound since Halloween. Decided to go 1 pace, I didn’t even get out of the car. Was away from ,y home for 35 mins. Is this just an extreme form of anxiety? I didn’t feel anxious while out, it happens when I get home. This “wd” is getting worse and worse. I can’t think straight, can’t concnetrate, feel like I’m loosing my mind. On days I don’t go any where I’m still like this to a point. I can’t be around people, my brain feels heavy and full 24/7, it’s getting tiring living like this daily. I’m at a breaking point...what should I do? Being out the small amount today I won’t be able to sleep tonight, I feel like a bus hit me. If I took a benzo I bet it would all go away. That tells me it’s snxiety. So all the people here that are Anti med you all continue to function like this with no meds? I can mediate and breath, correct diet all day and nothing is working. I also can’t be out of my room as even being in my living room is too stimulating leaving my brain feeling overwhelmed and exhausted.

I'll suggest you talk to your doctor and thinking about reinstating and then taper slower...maybe your taper was too fast

best wishes

Blossom

[53...]

I found therapy very useful during my withdrawal.  I think a therapist will work more to help a person learn coping skills without resorting to drugs versus a DEA-psychiatrist.

One thing I learned during my withdrawal therapy is that words have power.  Making a declaration that you won't sleep tonight (following exertion) may not be in your best interest.  It may be your history, but perhaps tonight will be different???

Blossom4 even after being off for 18 months?

Oh ok I missed that one... sounds like extreme anxiety, if you’re done is better to keep it like that (I think) but I will definitely suggest talking to your psychiatrist or general dr if you din’t want to go over there...My Dr prescribed me ATARAX (hidroxyzyne) in case my anxiety was bad. I have the medication here sitting on my cabinet In case something like that happens.