Author Topic: New guy here - need some reassurance  (Read 442 times)

[Buddie]

Re: New guy here - need some reassurance
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2019, 09:32:33 pm »
Italian Guy.  Please try and relax and distract yourself as best as you can.  You have tapered and now your body will heal.  It takes time and the things you are describing are things that some folks experience.  You don't need to go back on the benzo to taper slowly.  Eat well, stay hydrated with water, no junk food, no caffeine, and exercise or walk.  Try finding things like meditation or yoga or mindfulness training to distract yourself.  You are healing and you will be OK.  Everyone is different in how they respond to medication.  Our liver is the detoxification organ and some people are more efficient than others in clearing substances.  Be glad that you found out quickly how bad this could be.  You are very lucky.  There are things you can do to help anxiety without using medications/pharmacueticals.  Sending healing hugs. :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2019, 11:50:26 am »
Thanks a lot.

I guess, I'm just scared. I'm a young guy who has just entered the work force. I've got a girlfriend who wants to live a full life. I'm healthy, I used to train 4 times a week until a week ago. Right now, everyone thinks I'm faking it and that makes things harder for me. I just want to go back to my old self.

I can't wait to write my success story.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 03:43:13 pm »
Guys. Can I get some opinions? It's been almost 8 days since I took my last drop of alprazolam. You can see my brief experience in my signature. I still have that boaty feeling which - alas - seems to be considered the hardest to disappear. What should I do? Should I simply wait? Or should I reinstate with Valium? My max dose was 5 drops (0.12), but I stayed on 4 drops without issues. Is it worth trying? Would it make things worse since it was so fast anyway? I only took it for 9/10 days before I decreased my dose. I don't feel like I did a proper taper (going down from 4 drops to zero in almost 4 days) and I don't want to feel dizzy all the time. That said, almost every other sympton has faded in intensity and I don't want to mess it up. If it wasn't for the dizziness I wouldn't be here. They say sides start decreasing after the second week of withdrawal sometimes. Should I wait? Would it be too late then to reinstate a micro-dose of valium? Any advice is welcome.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 06:57:58 pm »
Guys. Can I get some opinions? It's been almost 8 days since I took my last drop of alprazolam. You can see my brief experience in my signature. I still have that boaty feeling which - alas - seems to be considered the hardest to disappear. What should I do? Should I simply wait? Or should I reinstate with Valium? My max dose was 5 drops (0.12), but I stayed on 4 drops without issues. Is it worth trying? Would it make things worse since it was so fast anyway? I only took it for 9/10 days before I decreased my dose. I don't feel like I did a proper taper (going down from 4 drops to zero in almost 4 days) and I don't want to feel dizzy all the time. That said, almost every other sympton has faded in intensity and I don't want to mess it up. If it wasn't for the dizziness I wouldn't be here. They say sides start decreasing after the second week of withdrawal sometimes. Should I wait? Would it be too late then to reinstate a micro-dose of valium? Any advice is welcome.

I would not reinstate the Valium. Have you been checked out for other causes of the dizziness? I too had the dizziness for a long time. It finally did go away but I was on Valium a very long time. Wait it out is my best advice.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 07:11:10 pm »
I haven't. But it must be the Xanax. Ashton speaks about vestibular issues and it's what I'm having. How were your issues? I feel like I'm rocking back and forth and I can't fix my gaze on a single point. It's horrible and I've felt like this for 8 days now. I don't have other major symptoms.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 09:38:39 pm »
Why do you want to reinstate?? It’s almost like you’re fishing for reasons..Keep going is my opinion, you’ve made it this far. Grit your teeth and ride it out.. you need to be comfortable being uncomfortable... reinstating may well make things a lot more difficult and take a lot longer.

You’re expecting too much too soon. This will at the the very least take a few weeks possibly months of feeling crappy. You need to accept that and deal with it, otherwise you could draw it out for years like many on this forum are doing... it’s no joke....these meds are NASTY, don’t go back.

But ultimately it’s your decision.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 10:45:35 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »
I wouldn't reinstate, it may not help and you will only cause yourself more damage imo. You just have to wait it out, it will end, maybe not in the timeframe you would like, but it will end.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 10:59:58 pm »
Hey [...],
                      If you look in my signature you will see I took 10 mg of valium for 30 days once and had withdrawal for almost two years. So I do have experience with short term low dose withdrawal. The worst of it was over in about 90 days. At first it was severe reflux, no/low appetite, nausea after eating, extreme fatigue and heightened anxiety. I was scared of riding my motorcycle all
of a sudden after riding since I was a kid. It was strange, I did not know what happened to me. Then it tapered off at the 90 day mark. Then for the next two years every few months I would have 1-3 weeks of severe fatigue. The doctors thought I had CFS. But all in all it really was not that bad. I did not know about benzo withdrawal so I just kept going. I got back to one hundred percent. Unfortunately, because I did not know that it was benzo withdrawal when my wife and I lost a child in 2018 I took Xanax for 6 months straight. There is a reason I said heightened anxiety when describing the short term valium withdrawal. Because it was nothing compared to the SEVERE mega chemical anxiety I had this time around that lasted for months and months, no sleep or anything. I would just stay away from benzos going forward if you feel you were injured from this short term Xanax. Based on my experience I canít say anything good happens from a second round. Youíll be fine. Honestly, I envy you in that you were able to recognize that it was the Xanax. It never even crossed my mind that the Valium did that to me and then I let the docs do it to me a second time times 20! Never again for me.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 12:08:00 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 11:58:25 pm »
Thanks guys. I'll try not to read other stories. Tonight was pretty bad, I still have those lucid, weird dreams that I had when I started to take xanax and I woke up with a lot of anxiety. Still very dizzy, but no brain fog and no headaches so far. Why isn't my brain coping faster? It doesn't feel as if it's slowly improving.

I see that some of you guys went to the E/R and started to taper with valium. I still want to do it without going back to benzos, but in what case would you suggest to do the same?
First Of all, you're through the worst of this so stay the course. Also, consider the huge positive as you didn't get months or years into this. You're going to be just fine.
If you're looking for something to reduce anxiety, ask your doctor about propranolol when you have issues with heightened anxiety. I'm not sure what this is called in Europe if you're from Italy but that is what they call it in the United States. Yes this is a prescription pill but much less damaging and not nearly as addictive. This is an adrenal suppressant.

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2019, 12:20:54 am »
I'm a 42 yr old guy, pretty health conscious myself. Just got off Klonopin 40 days ago and feel much better.
I've also done the Alprazolam when I was younger and got off that as well.
From my experience, once you taper and are at a low enough dose, better to just stop, the withdrawal comes either way, from your last dose.

Everyone is different but the first month won't be easy. I picked up some Ashwaghanda, Gaba and Valerian from Whole Foods, could be helping.
But the withdrawal is real and just takes time, try to keep your life as peaceful as possible for about a month, could be less for Alprazolam, been awhile.

Once you get past it you'll notice things are much brighter in the world, these meds dull your senses.
Things might be louder for a little bit but once things clear up, it was all worth it.
You'll see, just gotta get past the initial withdrawal and you'll be good  :thumbsup: