For those who have had alcohol WD, how would you say the symptoms compare?

[Tr...]

Besides the length of time that symptoms last, how would you say alcohol WD is similar or different to benzo WD. For me, the nerve and parasthesia stuff is on another level with benzos, whereas with alcohol, I felt more flu-like weak achy shaky sick. They share anxiety, arrhythmia, twitches, and some cognitive stuff. I'm curious what others think? It's interesting as they affect the same receptors

• 4 weeks later...

When I was in alcohol withdrawal it was super scary.

Bwd is even scarier, much scarier. From bwd I felt and still feeling like I am phsicaly ill really ill. I was sure that I will end up in hospital for long time.

Now I am a little bit better but far far from good.

When I stopped drinking 5 years ago I would say the symptoms were anxiety though nowhere on the level of benzo's

I felt very sick and lot of dry heaving, I was unwell but not in terror, I did not feel my life was over I did not feel so desperately ill.  I slowly recovered over 3 weeks and that was it for me,  However I did have a slip  In Feb and March  the year before last, when  I had a small miniature of prosecco and the next month I had some Irish whiskey, I found it triggered everything, and deeply regret it,

This journey from just 4mgs of valium has taken 16 months of taper and so very ill,  Massive weight loss hair loss, skin dry, little to no sleep , infections , terror all day every day, slight calm in the evening, appetite gone, Tinnitus horrendous,  pacing,  desperately ill at .09mgs today,  Ill on the full dose too, reacting to all meds, and many foods , 

Alcohol was a walk in the part in comparison,

Tapering to nothing has done no good either,

When I stopped drinking 5 years ago I would say the symptoms were anxiety though nowhere on the level of benzo's

I felt very sick and lot of dry heaving, I was unwell but not in terror, I did not feel my life was over I did not feel so desperately ill.  I slowly recovered over 3 weeks and that was it for me,  However I did have a slip  In Feb and March  the year before last, when  I had a small miniature of prosecco and the next month I had some Irish whiskey, I found it triggered everything, and deeply regret it,

This journey from just 4mgs of valium has taken 16 months of taper and so very ill,  Massive weight loss hair loss, skin dry, little to no sleep , infections , terror all day every day, slight calm in the evening, appetite gone, Tinnitus horrendous,  pacing,  desperately ill at .09mgs today,  Ill on the full dose too, reacting to all meds, and many foods , 

Alcohol was a walk in the part in comparison,

Tapering to nothing has done no good either,

Thanks for responding. I'm noticing the same thing. Benzo WD has much more terror/severe anxiety. I'm sorry you are suffering so much.