I am in trouble at 2mg Valium

[Ma...]

I have had a pretty successful taper up to this point. I cannot seem to get beyond 2 mg. I am doing a liquid taper. I didn’t know that flu like symptoms and crushing fatigue came from withdrawal. Pretty ignorant. I thought I had the flu it’s been going on for close to two months and all doctors results were negative. It wasn’t until Sunday night in which I thought I was going to have a seizure that I realized it was the taper. So now I am trying to stabilize at  a little higher dose .75 extra. Why is 2 mg the danger zone?I had already slowed the taper to .0075 mg daily. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have seen posts like this and last month hit a very bad wall at 3mg Valium.  I almost gave up.  I up-dosed for a few days and then decided to keep tapering.  I'm back down to 4 mg this time, and just holding for a bit.  I'm going to go slower.  I am trying not to anticipate the worst w/d at 2 mg.  One member on BB told me she held at 2 mg for a year.  She said she had to.  She went on to a successful taper.  We are a ll different.  Wow... two months straight is a long time without a window.... sorry about that..... hopefully you will just stabilize pronto and hear from others as well.  Hang in there!!!

Did the updose stabilize you? How long did it take? It is so discouraging that I have 2 go up .75. That’s 7 months of tapering for me.  Please don’t anticipate any problem at 2 mg. I was very stupid, not realizing that crushing fatigue and flu like symptoms were wd.  This terrible drug produced many surprises. I tapered a month into these symptoms before I held.

Yeah, I had to slow it right down at those low doses... (sig=dd/mm/yy)

It wasnt pleasant, but given time, things got much better around 0.25v, and the jump went ok, all considered...

Too bad I had other meds to taper as well...

Similar sx by the look of it too.. (flu, fatigue...) -somewhere in the middle lays the path, -between speed and symptoms, finding it is the trick...

Best wishes...

:)

One thing to keep in mind is that updosing is usually not a good idea. There is no guarantee that holding for a longer period of time at X dose will reduce the length of the wd's. Wd's are a temporary thing and if you updose you are just delaying what you will have to go thru and may make it worse. You will have to go thru the wd's either way, you just have to let them run their course. It will be over it just takes time.

Yes, crushing fatigue and can't move.  Though when I can, sometimes I feel almost ok. 

And yes at 2 mg valium, but also have the crumb of clonopin and ambien.

Yeah, and flu feelings and muscle spasms and stuff way worse than the physical part, imo.  Do you vibrate?  I have that, the akathesia..

I have seen posts like this and last month hit a very bad wall at 3mg Valium.  I almost gave up.  I up-dosed for a few days and then decided to keep tapering.  I'm back down to 4 mg this time, and just holding for a bit.  I'm going to go slower.  I am trying not to anticipate the worst w/d at 2 mg.  One member on BB told me she held at 2 mg for a year.  She said she had to.  She went on to a successful taper.  We are a ll different.  Wow... two months straight is a long time without a window.... sorry about that..... hopefully you will just stabilize pronto and hear from others as well.  Hang in there!!!

How fast do u plan on tapering now?

I have had a pretty successful taper up to this point. I cannot seem to get beyond 2 mg. I am doing a liquid taper. I didn’t know that flu like symptoms and crushing fatigue came from withdrawal. Pretty ignorant. I thought I had the flu it’s been going on for close to two months and all doctors results were negative. It wasn’t until Sunday night in which I thought I was going to have a seizure that I realized it was the taper. So now I am trying to stabilize at  a little higher dose .75 extra. Why is 2 mg the danger zone?I had already slowed the taper to .0075 mg daily. Has anyone else experienced this?

I micro taper using a scale and I’m doing well.

I taper .012mg per day.

You may be having a problem bc liquid is metabolized faster.

I crashed hard trying to micro taper with liquid. It may be hitting u now bc ur getting lower.

I’m down to 1.5mg today and it has been going well. I actually want to speed it up but don’t want to mess things up at this point. I would recommend dry micro tapering. Best of luck to you.

Yes, tweaking, finding what is 'right' (do not suffer unnecessarily) for you, the way to go.  Personalised taper plan.  :)

I think I held for quite some time on 1.25mgs V (can't remember properly) then jumped at 1mg. 

Lower end is more difficult, but doable.  Try not be influenced by horror stories.

Now 8 months free and am really showing great progress. 

You can do this. 

Dee

:smitten:

O I am so glad for all your posts and thankful about your description of have the flu and feeling sick. 

I feel the worst today ever, and this is how I would describe it.  I am weak and sick.  Its probably my body realizing that I have cut again.  It the wonky waves that it realizes it.

So did it help me to up-dose?  Yes absolutely.  If I couldn't have that choice or relief I would have quit my whole taper. 

It was only a few days, and within a week I was tapering again - more slow this time. 

I may not have up-dosed had I come on here first! 

I did not have any support or information from my doctor about how awful it was going to be ( I checked in here in 2011 apparently for a few posts and a look-see but wasn't ready to embrace the truth of this drug. 

So, when I up-dosed, I thought I was just at some point where I was uncovering permanent brain damage.  My doctor concurred, by nodding his head.  I know now, that yes - I have  brain damage.  But also that it might not be permanent.  Having others who are on this awful road and willing to share their ride is the only way I could continue.  Thank you all so much.  You are warriors.  We are.

Yeah I’m at 2.34 on my DLMT right now and I am being forced to hold. Unbearable symptoms right now. I have had to take emergency doses twice this week because I just can’t freaking sleep and my anxiety is so much worse when I’m not sleeping.

My last taper came to an abrupt end when I got to about the same point and I thought it was just because I cut super fast and a result of my psychiatrist messing with other meds but this is awful... my ears are ringing so much that I scratch them in my sleep too so they’re all torn up.

Just know that you’re not alone. It seems like it’s quite a common point where things start to suck for most of us. Many before us have gotten through it and we can too.

I think that the issue comes in because the Valium dosage officially falls into the sub-therapeutic range around 2mg (higher for those of us with higher tolerance) so what little effect it was still having other than purely keeping us out of withdrawal quickly fades.

It’s too bad that we can’t all just jump off at that point and start recovering.

Hang in there though. Hold as long as you need to and then make slower reductions.

I am in the same boat.  I have been having issues for the last few weeks.    Right now I am holding at 2.26 mg of Valium.  Today was my worst day in close to a year in terms of having an anxiety attack.  I think it is due to the fact that a close friend died and his funeral is tomorrow. 

Understand your issue completely.  Remember the change between 2.5 to 2.0mg is 20%. The more sensitive you are, the more a >10% change will cause issues. Although the conventional thought is that very small doses have minimal effects, many don't find that to be true.  The cumulative effects due to the very long half-life of Valium as well as individual clearance of metabolites from the liver, etc. can vary greatly. What one person can handle, another can't.

I found the lower the dose, especially at 1mg, the more slowly I had to go. Never more than 10% drop.

I used buffered vitamin C, flush free niacin, and taurine to help smooth the effects. (Taurine lowers blood sugar so take with food.)

Best of luck.

So much wealth here for me.  All of it I can relate to.  Yesterday was a monster day.  With the laundry list of w/d symptoms.... but way worse.  I was struggling to breathe at one point and and muscles twitching out of control.  My body  vibrating and just scared anxious.....tight, etc.  It was like this monstrous healing crisis.  I was wondering with the Valium, if my cuts aren't fully registering until the 200 hour half life? 

I have to say - if I wasn't on here, and didn't speak to a doc on-line, I would have caved.  This doctor recommended cannabis meant for muscle spasms and to lower anxiety.  Pot has not been an option for me, as it usually makes my bad symptoms worse... but the stuff I tried actually helped.  I did sleep last night and today I was so shocked and amazed to  be in an Ok state again.  I won't use the pot again unless I am in a total emergency.

I am planning to cut by 10 % every 10 days or so.  In a few days I will lower to 3.5mg.  If I can throw the monstrous symptoms off in a day or two and then find my normal withdrawal feet again, I want to get this over with!!  That said - nothing about this journey has been predictable.  I admire the precision of your micro taper CMZ18.  I am just kind of bumbling along thru trial and error.  Much Love.

BarbaraAve Magnolis is right - Indica strain is right. 

Most dispensaries are well versed in what their individual strains do.  Especially if you go to one that has been servicing medical clients.  The CC in Van had a medical person that interviewed me for a long time before I became a member.  They knew my symptoms and were able to guide me - but most places have a 'menu' of products and a brief description of their actions.    i went for an Indica strain.  That said I don't plan to use it all day every day.  Its only for when I get into extreme symptoms.  I wouldn't want to develop a tolerance to it!

Honey I hope you get some rest - find something.