Question

[wh...]

When you start your taper from your original Dose, are you supposed to feel the Same way as you did on the original Dose once you do Cut and hold and stabilize?

You know what I mean?

I think I know what you mean :).  Probably not, you will be a very lucky person if you do.  Once you start to taper, if you just feel tolerable you will be doing great.  You will have symptoms but hopefully they won't be too intense.  Try not to go too fast, pay close attention to your symptoms , keeping a notebook or start a progress log on bb, that way you have your taper to look back at if you run into trouble and hopefully see how to correct.  Hope I answered your question.  Mary 💜

Thank you! Finally.. I tried 5%... can't manage..

Tried 3% quite hard... with my normal

dose of 8mg K I am at 7.75mg now...

I think I rather up the dose back again because

my body seems to can't handle it much as it's probably

recovering from previous psych drug damage still that I took 2 years ago...

And tapering from 8mg would Take Like what?

2 or 3 years? I'm really not sure If I should rather ride Out

my other psych med withdrawals first...

I mean Feeling such Symptoms from Just Like a 3% cut.. there is either something wrong or the Ashton Manual

is Not applicable for this time.

My Main Symptoms are that I feel Like on 10 Cups of Coffee 24x7 Since having severe reaction to psych meds 2 years ago... now Taking Just away 3% feels Like being on 15 Cups of Coffee...

Not Sure what to do...

Thank you Mary.

I mean Feeling such Symptoms from Just Like a 3% cut.. there is either something wrong or the Ashton Manual

My Main Symptoms are that I feel Like on 10 Cups of Coffee 24x7 Since having severe reaction to psych meds 2 years ago... now Taking Just away 3% feels Like being on 15 Cups of Coffee...

Not Sure what to do...

Thank you Mary.

Question, what are the other drugs and do you feel you are getting any benefit from them now?  Have you tapered anything before, what and when was it?  There is a possibility a hold might help. Just a thought. :)

Mary,

are you basically saying one can't hold until

withdrawals Symptoms are gone?

I don't want to do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Not Sure what to do...

Thank you Mary.

Question, what are the other drugs and do you feel you are getting any benefit from them now?  Have you tapered anything before, what and when was it?  There is a possibility a hold might help. Just a thought. :)

I'm off all drugs except benzos Since two years.

The severe reactions Started in the psych ward Started about 2 yrs ago. I took remeron and quetiapine, developed akathisia/dyskinesia/complete sleep loss & Had to stop c/t after 5 days, took remeron once in a while before for a day or two with No probs c/t.

Since then feel Like on 10 Cups Of Coffee 24/7 that's where I went to the doc and asked for benzos.

Mary,

are you basically saying one can't hold until

withdrawals Symptoms are gone?

I don't want to do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

No, I am saying what each drug is, can have a different impact.  Say you are taking a sleeping med and it is still working, you would want to taper it after benzo in most cases.

Or if you have recently tapered something else, you may still be having withdrawals from that, and you need to take awhile before you taper another drug.

All the drugs play a role, sometimes because of the time frame you have tapered, your brain and central nervous system may have become very sensitive and you just need to hold everything where it is , until you stabilize, stabilize doesn't mean no symptoms, it means the symptoms have become tolerable.  Make more sense?

Not Sure what to do...

Thank you Mary.

Mary is a good person and very smart - her advice should help you.

I want to add one thing.

You said you are on 8 mg of Klonopin per day.  What is the doc trying to address with 8 mg? 

I am reading your signature, and I see 3 benzo's, are you down to just the k now or are you talking another one also.  Sorry, I just want to understand so I can hopefully support you .

So it's been 2 years since any other drugs and the 3% taper was still too much......how often were you tapering?

What so you mean by how often were you tapering

I am reading your signature, and I see 3 benzo's, are you down to just the k now or are you talking another one also.  Sorry, I just want to understand so I can hopefully support you .

Just the K. Sorry for sig. I normally don't even write these days. (Vision issues due to prev drugs)

So it's been 2 years since any other drugs and the 3% taper was still too much......how often were you tapering?

How often were you cutting the 3%.  Every 2 weeks, a month?  Just that once?

Not Sure what to do...

Thank you Mary.

Mary is a good person and very smart - her advice should help you.

I want to add one thing.

You said you are on 8 mg of Klonopin per day.  What is the doc trying to address with 8 mg?

Hi,

the 8mg was a Very stupid math error on my part trying to switch from flurazepam to clonazepam equiv.

How often were you cutting the 3%.  Every 2 weeks, a month?  Just that once?

I tried 7.5 too rough...Now 7.75 feels Like 15 coffee instead of 10. Basically some tries but always one cut Up until this time.

Just the K. Sorry for sig. I normally don't even write these days. (Vision issues due to prev drugs)

It's okay, benzo's mess with my eyes really bad too.

From looking at everything, this is just my opinion, you should hold awhile.  That was three benzo's and you have worked your way down to 1 and that is a pretty big dose of k.  Let your system rest, it may take awhile, I won't lie to you.  It's much better to try and stabilize before trying to taper.  I think your body is telling you that when 3% is too large.  There is a Long Hold Support Group you can come and hang out in.  Ask all the questions you want.  Just go to Homepage and scroll down until you see Support Groups, click there.  A lot of good people to help support you. 

Bob is also excellent if you want to get some more information and support.  Good luck, Mary.  I am over in Long Hold often.  ;)

Hi,

the 8mg was a Very stupid math error on my part trying to switch from flurazepam to clonazepam equiv.

Well by my calculation, 8 mg of clonazepam is well over 100 mg of Flurazepam.

How long have you been taking 8 mg of clonzaepam?

What was the original dose of Flurazepam you took before switching to clonzaepam?

From looking at everything, this is just my opinion, you should hold awhile.  That was three benzo's and you have worked your way down to 1 and that is a pretty big dose of k.  Let your system rest, it may take awhile, I won't lie to you.  It's much better to try and stabilize before trying to taper.  I think your body is telling you that when 3% is too large.  There is a Long Hold Support Group you can come and hang out in.  Ask all the questions you want.  Just go to Homepage and scroll down until you see Support Groups, click there.  A lot of good people to help support you. 

Bob is also excellent if you want to get some more information and support.  Good luck, Mary.  I am over in Long Hold often.  ;)

I didn't really worked myself down to one. It was more switching Back and forth as I found no practical way for me to taper from it.

By doing a hold you mean I should Go Back to 8mg and stay there for a while?

Thank you!

Hi,

Well by my calculation, 8 mg of clonazepam is well over 100 mg of Flurazepam.

How long have you been taking 8 mg of clonzaepam?

What was the original dose of Flurazepam you took before switching to clonzaepam?

I know

I have been taking 7,5 for about 3 months then 8mg for 2 months now.

It was a stupid Error as the Website I did eqiv on showed that ranges can differ 10x and I could not feel the effects much because I had Symptoms from the other drugs I c/t 2 yrs ago. So stupid but I can't undo it now.

I realized 2 months later the dose was to much when tolerance kicked in and I felt No effect when I took my doses but I didn't even realize it had an effect on me, it's weird.

I didn't really worked myself down to one. It was more switching Back and forth as I found no practical way for me to taper from it.

Thank you!

Bob is much better at understanding k than I am.  Do you not have a Dr helping you with this?  I am concerned that you you were just switching back and forth.  Whose idea was that?  How long have you been at 7.75?  Were you getting any relief at 8?  That is a huge amount of k , plus the switching back and forth.  I am worried.  Could you send Bob, a pm and see what he says.  I really want you to get the best advice.  I take Diazapam,

Bob was on k.  He recently finished his taper.  I think he can lead you in a better direction than me.

You can always post me.  Hold on, we will get this figured out and hopefully get you stabilized.  Yours is complicated and we need a little more time.  But until then, we are still here for you.  If you have just been on the 7.75 a few days and the 8 actually helped, I don't see any reason you couldn't go back to 8 but only do it, if it actually helped, these are just my suggestions, I am not a Dr.  Do hold until we figure out how to proceed.  Mary 💜

8 mg is an interesting dose.

Your troubles might be due to taking so much clonazepam.  It is very strong.  I was stable on less than 1 mg for 14 years.  Typically, I only took 0.5 mg.

I want to suggest you get a new doctor, someone who is experienced in benzos.

Before I make such a suggestion, I want to ask:

(1) what was your dose of flurazepam  before switching to clonazepam?

(2) what did you doctor say when you asked for 8 mg of clonazepam  per day?

Your troubles might be due to taking so much clonazepam.  It is very strong.  I was stable on less than 1 mg for 14 years.  Typically, I only took 0.5 mg.

1. 41,1mg

2. I asked for liquid drops of K and went to 8mg by myself

Thank you!

Bob is much better at understanding k than I am.  Do you not have a Dr helping you with this?  I am concerned that you you were just switching back and forth.  Whose idea was that?  How long have you been at 7.75?  Were you getting any relief at 8?  That is a huge amount of k , plus the switching back and forth.  I am worried.  Could you send Bob, a pm and see what he says.  I really want you to get the best advice.  I take Diazapam,

Bob was on k.  He recently finished his taper.  I think he can lead you in a better direction than me.

You can always post me.  Hold on, we will get this figured out and hopefully get you stabilized.  Yours is complicated and we need a little more time.  But until then, we are still here for you.  If you have just been on the 7.75 a few days and the 8 actually helped, I don't see any reason you couldn't go back to 8 but only do it, if it actually helped, these are just my suggestions, I am not a Dr.  Do hold until we figure out how to proceed.  Mary 💜

Hi,

was on 7,75 for 7 days now Back to 8  Feeling a Bit netter now.

1. 41,1mg

2. I asked for liquid drops of K and went to 8mg by myself

Was the 41,1 mg flurazepam or Diazepam?

According to https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm:

The equivalent of 41,1 mg Flurazepam is 0.91 mg Klonopin (about 1 mg of Klonopin)

The equivalent of 41,1 mg Diazepam is about 2 mg Klonopin

Either way, 8 mg seems very high.  I know you said you made a math mistake in getting to 8 mg.  I am sure that happens to many people and they go tell a doctor they made a mistake and now need help, perhaps even by a drug recovery center.  I don't want to scare you but I don't want your body to get locked into a high dose.  I suggest you go somewhere and ask for help to get down to 1 or 2 mg Klonopin.